Base rock in UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronalam

Aquarium Advice Freak
Using this rock as base rock?

I hope this is the right place to post this but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it.

Does anyone know where the **** to get base rock in the UK?

I can't find a single **** place it's crazy.

*EDIT: Updated title to reflect where thread is going, could I use the rock pictured below as base rock?

Last edited:
The only option that site has for country is United States - odd?

Is the rock in the URL I posted usable? It's the only stuff on eBay or anywhere for that matter that is anything like base rock.

This is a peice of rock I already have - seems to be this "Ocean Rock" that I keep seeing.

I've had it in a few tanks for a while and it's fine, I was just wondering if it can be used as base rock.

rockq.jpg

It seems pretty porous so I think if anything, it will be good as a decorative rock?

Even if it doesn't harbor all the bacteria like live rock does, surely it will eventually get a good coating of coralline etc.. and blend in?

I don't so much need it to actually be live rock, just something that will eventually look like it, a good way to boost up my rock amount and fill out my tank.

I already have enough live rock as recommended (1lb/gal) for biological filtration, this is just purely to fill open spaces etc...

Its basically considered base rock as long as there is no living organisms on it or any life on the rock for that matter.

Yeah there's nothing on this rock, it's a nice piece, it would break into a few good size pieces and bump up my rock.

Gonna look good!

If your tank has already cycled and been established I would definitely stick that rock in another container for a couple days while testing the water to ensure its ok to be placed in your tank.

Any major reason to seeing as it has already been in various tanks?

I only just pulled it out of a tank its been in for a month.

Back
Top Bottom