Beginner at Saltwater- SeaHorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superpeytonm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to dive from freshwater into saltwater and I'd like to keep SeaHorses in a 30-40 gallon tank. What all will I need to know? What species should I consider? I'm brand new at this and need as much information as possible.

Sent via Impala

I'm going to dive from freshwater into saltwater and I'd like to keep SeaHorses in a 30-40 gallon tank. What all will I need to know? What species should I consider? I'm brand new at this and need as much information as possible.

Sent via Impala

I too am new and cycled my tank for about 3 months with various fish and live rock and then set up a refugium. 37 gallon with a 20 gallon refugium macro algae and even more live rock and live sand. I have a chiller and uv and protein skimmer that is breaking in as we speak. I have 8 seahorse in them that were all wild caught and fed them baby brine for a week while adding in mysis twice a day. They now all eat frozen and looking awesome every once in a while I'll treat them to baby brine or live mysis in the future but for now they all eat frozen. Depending on the kind you want they typically need 65-74 degrees in temp anything above they are prone to infection and parasites. All the other parameters stay the same like other marine fish. I'm working on pods and breeding them and photo plankton for my Kenya tree!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

seahorses can be tough, there is a good thread in nano reefs on a seahorse tank build that you should definitely look at

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom