Beginner low light coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tangs27

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone!

I have a 125 fowlr tank and I need to make a change. I cannot have any coral that requires strong lighting because my bf just bought me a fluval sea led light and he would be crushed if I didn't keep it.

So if it is possible I would like to add some color to the tank without changing my light fixture. Any suggestions?

Any specific ones I should look at? I don't know much about corals and when I typed in the names most said they need a lot of light and I'm sure the light fixture I have is not bright enough for most coral.

I liked the look of the mushrooms more than the other ones. I would like some bright colors if its possible.

That is gorgeous! I love the colors definitely the type I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch I appreciate all the help.

i would definatly get zoas in there...very easy corals..also some ricordea mushrooms..perhaps some kenya trees? another easy coral.

If you are looking for variety, I like eBay. Shipping prices can be steep, IMO, but there is a lot of variety between all the Sellers out there. You will see some stuff that places like LA won't show.

I am just starting a little reef and already bought a few frags from a couple local eBay sellers (they offered $10 and $15 shipping).

If you are looking for variety, I like eBay. Shipping prices can be steep, IMO, but there is a lot of variety between all the Sellers out there. You will see some stuff that places like LA won't show.

I am just starting a little reef and already bought a few frags from a couple local eBay sellers (they offered $10 and $15 shipping).

+1 ebay is an excelent place to buy frags. Also places like liveaquaria sell starter packages. i also get alot of frags on Craigslist.

I looked at eBay and some of the shipping prices were insane! I'm gonna keep looking as I would like to get some color in there.

Some prices on eBay are better than others. I've found that local sellers can ship for much less, so when I find a new one, I ask. Not sure where you are. Florida, Texas and SoCal seem the most popular.

I live in AZ so I don't have many options when it comes to local. I haven't found any lfs that have a decent selection here either. I have seen some ads on Craigslist that look promising but I'm concerned about purchasing from people on there. Are there any warning signs for mushrooms I should look for if I do check out some on Craigslist?

Have you looked for local reef clubs? As for healthy mushrooms just look for the usual pests on the rock and happy mushrooms are pretty much flat against the surface there on and unhealthy tend to shrivel up more than bleach IME
Edit : you may want to pick up coral dip

Ok thank you. I will definitely make sure to check them very carefully. The only fish clubs in my area are freshwater.

Will the coral dip kill all possible pests?

Back
Top Bottom