Berghia Nudibranch / Aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if any of you have used these little guys to get rid of Aiptasia. I've been reading about them and they seem to be as they are called aiptasia eating machines. What happens when they eat all the aiptasia? What happens to them then? Apparently they multiply like rabbits too.....Any suggestions???

Thanks

It is my understanding that they eat ONLY aiptasia and will die when they run out of food.

That's what I thought. I hate to add something to my tank knowing it's going to die off. Softy at heart. Thanks

I heard the same. Actually at MACNA last year, there was a presentation on Berghia. Unless you have an aipstasia grow-out tank (who wants that?) they really aren't plausible. Another option are peppermint shrimp. Not 100% gurantee on them, but it seems you have atleast a 90% chance of them munching aips.

HTH

I agree, they will starve, since that is the only thing they eat.

Well I certainly don't want to start growing aiptasia on purpose to feed something I got to get rid of it. I don't have that big of a problem to begin with. I'm going to go the route of peppermint shrimp. They are interesting little guys to watch. I have one now and could use a few more. Thanks for the input everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom