Best reef salts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know why there would be heated debate. The best salt is the one that the individual aquarist is happy with. Opinions and experiences always vary. We've had success with Seachem (reef & aquavitro) and IO. Not so much luck with Red Sea, but that was years ago.

Madreefer420 said:
Ok so I know this is prolly goin to turn into a heated debate but what do u use and why

Currently I'm using red sea coral pro reef salt, I have used reef crystals and tropic Marin with success.

Here is what I think about salt. Find one that mixes close to the levels (or right on the levels) you want to keep your tank and use that salt.

A better question, IMO is which salt will you never use again, and why.

I had been using reef crystals & just switched last weekend yo Aquavitro salinity. I've only used it mixed together so far this week for 3 days of 5 gal PWC cuz I had an anemone die and can't find it's carcass, but I like it a lot. Mixes well and makes more water per bucket. Each bucket has test results you can look up too. I guess its the only Seachem salt they make themselves & don't have made for them. Drawbacks are it can be pricey (depends where you get it, I got a good deal around me) and it mixes with a solder smell (not bad just lasts little while). Interestingly too it heats up when mixed.

I buy the cheapest salt in bulk, which is usually 50lbs of Instant Ocean. I recently bought 50lbs of Reef Crystals since I got a $20 off coupon.

Terrance said:
I buy the cheapest salt in bulk, which is usually 50lbs of Instant Ocean. I recently bought 50lbs of Reef Crystals since I got a $20 off coupon.

Feel free to send me one of those coupons lol

Back
Top Bottom