Bill's Intro to the Reef - 5 Gallon Rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its really starting to come together! i really like your rock placement. is that light pretty good? im thinking of getting it for my 5.5

Any ideas why the candy cane wouldn't open up?

Sometimes they take a few days to adjust in your tank and sometimes you have to move them around to find their happy spot. Corals are animals so they get pissed sometimes. Lol.

Edit: How is the flow? They like medium flow. So maybe there's too much or not enough?

From what I can see, flow is pretty even through the tank, besides right in front of the powerhead. I've got it in the sand in front of the rocks, probably the lightest flow area I could find. The torch isn't extended either. I'm just gonna give em a few days, I guess. Just checked the tank and my hermit was practically on top of the candy cane... Aye... :/

From what I can see, flow is pretty even through the tank, besides right in front of the powerhead. I've got it in the sand in front of the rocks, probably the lightest flow area I could find. The torch isn't extended either. I'm just gonna give em a few days, I guess. Just checked the tank and my hermit was practically on top of the candy cane... Aye... :/

Lol. Smile. It just sounds like you have a saltwater tank!

Dont want to be the wet blanket here :( But you should not add any more to your tank just yet as it's not stable, soon but not yet. your still getting changes the diatoms are a sign of that Other than that the tank looks great (y)

Dont want to be the wet blanket here :( But you should not add any more to your tank just yet as it's not stable, soon but not yet. your still getting changes the diatoms are a sign of that Other than that the tank looks great (y)

+1. But everything looks great. Has the candy cane opened yet?

Thanks grizz. I'll hold off for a while. Gonna let the diatoms run their course and see where To go from there. Everything seems okay but the candy cane. The torch has extended a lot compared to yesterday, so I'm pretty happy about that. The zoas or button polyps, not sure what they are, open just fine.

I was wondering, if I wanted remove the polyps from the frag disc, can I do that? Then glue it to my rock structure? And how would I go about doing that...?

Ahhhh its gettin there. The diatoms dont seem as dark and the torch just needs some more time. I like it alot!

Thanks! This little guy is has been cleaning the rocks for me. There's a few scattered white spots around the rocks that he worked on... :lol:

Attachments

• image-3447468524.jpg
    image-3447468524.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 123
Also, the DIY auto top off is almost done. Just have to figure out how I want to bend the float bracket. Here's a sneak peak at the equipment. I'll write up a good detailed post about it once its up and running.

Attachments

• image-3123798110.jpg
    image-3123798110.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 88
Also, the DIY auto top off is almost done. Just have to figure out how I want to bend the float bracket. Here's a sneak peak at the equipment. I'll write up a good detailed post about it once its up and running.

That looks awesome. Im gonna have you build mine!

Back
Top Bottom