Bill's Intro to the Reef - 5 Gallon Rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caught the bristle worm venturing out the other night, investigating the new zoos I glued to some rock. It's weird, first inch or so is red, then the rest(that I've seen) is a black/purplish color.
img_2608762_0_b6ffc02a5d9e3753b2910db6562573d6.jpg

Caught the bristle worm venturing out the other night, investigating the new zoos I glued to some rock. It's weird, first inch or so is red, then the rest(that I've seen) is a black/purplish color.

Awesome! Thats great. Your tank had came out very good! I see your torch (I think its called that) isnt really showing much life right now. How is it doing?

Awesome! Thats great. Your tank had came out very good! I see your torch (I think its called that) isnt really showing much life right now. How is it doing?

Thanks. Yes, it's a torch. I pissed it off the other day while messing with the tank. It was also getting too much flow for a while. I adjusted the powerhead and it started coming out again more. I think it's a short tentacle one(if there is such a thing?), so it doesn't get super long.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes, it's a torch. I pissed it off the other day while messing with the tank. It was also getting too much flow for a while. I adjusted the powerhead and it started coming out again more. I think it's a short tentacle one(if there is such a thing?), so it doesn't get super long.

Itll come back. I noticed in the beginning when you got it, it had opened more. I may try my luck with a 10g salt cube

Itll come back. I noticed in the beginning when you got it, it had opened more. I may try my luck with a 10g salt cube

The torch is actually doing well, it's the candy cane that is in shambles... I knew from the start i really wanted a torch and its definitely my favorite so far! I love watching it sway in the gentle flow. It's like it hypnotizes me... :lol: Go for it! I'm addicted to salt now! It's really fun!

The torch is actually doing well, it's the candy cane that is in shambles... I knew from the start i really wanted a torch and its definitely my favorite so far! I love watching it sway in the gentle flow. It's like it hypnotizes me... :lol: Go for it! I'm addicted to salt now! It's really fun!

Yeah I want too but the money wont be there for awhile. Any big check we get now is going to this new car payment unfortunately!

I feel ya. I have two... :(

Im gonna be paying 350.00 a month and 169.00 for insurance wow what have I got myself into. Another 4 years and its mine! But still I sense a salt tank real soon from me. I have a lfs that has amazing corals an such

I find myself asking that question all the time! :lol: Luckily, I already had the tank and light, so it didn't cost me too much.

Edit: mine are 409 AND 225 + 160 in insurance + mortgage + utilities, etc, etc, etc... Oh, the woes of being an adult...

Last edited:
I find myself asking that question all the time! :lol: Luckily, I already had the tank and light, so it didn't cost me too much.

Edit: mine are 409 AND 225 + 160 in insurance + mortgage + utilities, etc, etc, etc... Oh, the woes of being an adult...

Crap ypu beat me. I pay all that minis a mortgage. Only house insurance

I don't have any crazy bills, but I live in a 1 bedroom apartment and my electric bill skyrocketed from $75 to $285. Our electric company added a bunch of fees to every month, so this is what we have to look forward to.

Haha. Dang, I miss having an apartment, no yard work... :lol: Now I have to fix everything!

Haha. I will try to remember that because I absolutely cannot wait to have a yard. I want to land scape and I want a dog that weighs more than 5 lbs. lol.

Haha. I will try to remember that because I absolutely cannot wait to have a yard. I want to land scape and I want a dog that weighs more than 5 lbs. lol.

I have a dog that weighs 50 and she doesnt even like to go outside

Haha. My dog is a serious princess. He (yes, he) wants to be outside when he wants to be outside. But he wants to be inside when he wants. And only when he wants. Lol. I he's active and naps all the time too. I guess he's just a little weirdo.

Back
Top Bottom