Bill's Intro to the Reef - 5 Gallon Rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you pm me a link to your 12g fw tank? My wife wants to see

Just go to the home page and look at the tank of the month... ;) or you can go to my profile and view all threads I started, you'll find it. Or here's an old picture... :lol:

Attachments

• image-3534687279.jpg
    image-3534687279.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 89
Yeah, I'm always caught up with some other projects around the house or something. It's a bathroom remodel right now... :/

Yup me too I got painting, chair railing, baseboards, keeping up with the pool and yard and I'm thinking about turning the spare room into my fish/animal room after the hose is done lol. Plus I have a new baby girl coming into this world between now and the 26th so imma be really busy. Might have to add an automated water changer to my honeydoo list. LoL

Yup me too I got painting, chair railing, baseboards, keeping up with the pool and yard and I'm thinking about turning the spare room into my fish/animal room after the hose is done lol. Plus I have a new baby girl coming into this world between now and the 26th so imma be really busy. Might have to add an automated water changer to my honeydoo list. LoL

Haha no doubt, life keeps us busy!!!

Yet here I am, on the front porch, chain smoking cigarettes, drinking a beer, and playing on the fish forum... Hahaha it's my reward for putting the crown moulding in the bathroom... :lol:

Nice! I had an interior painting job yesterday and today I did a 2700 sq ft home and went to the bar for a couple tatties after work. I felt I deserved it. lol

Yet here I am, on the front porch, chain smoking cigarettes, drinking a beer, and playing on the fish forum... Hahaha it's my reward for putting the crown moulding in the bathroom... :lol:

Haha. This made me LOL.

I know I'm a little late, but I didn't know nassarius snails didn't eat diatoms, thanks for the correction! Sounds like a good cuc.

Sooo... Went to this LFS and ended up with a few new inhabitants for the tank... A Margarita snail, nerite snail, scarlet hermit, a torch coral, green candy cane, and a zoa. Not sure of the name of the zoa, an ID would be nice... I also brought home an Astraea snail, Nassarius, and a second type of hermit, but I believe they died during acclimation. Not positive about the snails, they haven't moved... And the hermit was for sure dead. I shook him out and left the shell in the tank... Whew, what an episode! Everything is doing okay except the candy cane is still closed, not sure what the deal is... Help! Haha

Attachments

• image-1818600676.jpg
    image-1818600676.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3236983733.jpg
    image-3236983733.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2357298067.jpg
    image-2357298067.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 141
  • image-3043349284.jpg
    image-3043349284.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 136
  • image-2671104516.jpg
    image-2671104516.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 120
  • image-945028906.jpg
    image-945028906.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 103
Sooo... Went to this LFS and ended up with a few new inhabitants for the tank... A Margarita snail, nerite snail, scarlet hermit, a torch coral, green candy cane, and a zoa. Not sure of the name of the zoa, an ID would be nice... I also brought home an Astraea snail, Nassarius, and a second type of hermit, but I believe they died during acclimation. Not positive about the snails, they haven't moved... And the hermit was for sure dead. I shook him out and left the shell in the tank... Whew, what an episode! Everything is doing okay except the candy cane is still closed, not sure what the deal is... Help! Haha

Oh man they look awesome!

Back
Top Bottom