Bio pellet reactor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madreefer420

Aquarium Advice Freak
I I'm considering a reactor and bio pellets seem like a good idea cleaning water and creating food for filter
Feeders hear zoas don't like them though any thoughts on this

I was running biopellets on two of my tanks, the 125g reef and the 60g reef. I did not see any real benefits in my 125g after 5 months other than some phosphate levels staying lower. I took it off the 125g for now BUT I have seen some improvements on my 60g tank. I havent seen the nitrates really rise and the phosphates are lower than I started with.

I wouldnt say it is a must have solution to high parameters but it does help from my experience.

Here is a link from bulk reef supply that explains how to use them which i found helpful

BRS Biopellet Instructions - Instructions - Bulk Reef Supply

You really don't need to have chemical filtration just for the sake of having it. I don't used any chemical stuff at all in my system just a skimmer and a scrubber.

Well I took the dive and got a phosban reactor and swc bio pellets with a marineland pump rated for 245gph seems be be turning them nicely but a couple have like air bubbles stuck to them and float up I think it's been getting better as they soak a bit I am sure it will work good I should prolly just wait it out cause they say it takes like 8 weeks to really colonize with bacteria

Ok so I put in only 250ml out of the 500ml bag I shoul be running 750 at full bio load but I dont have heavy stock so I figure I'll prolly just runn it like this now mind it has only been about 24 hours since I turned on but I have noticed a Bactria bloom in the general water column and also my protien skimmer is working like mad the blackest dry skim it has ever put out I had about half a L of super concentrated out put again only been running 24h still trying to get some of the air outa the pellets but not a big issue since mostly all the air is out of the pellet but so far I'm impressed with my protien skimmer working much more efficiently

Here is a little video showing in action plz let me know what you think

also how much flow should there be through the reactor I know phosban and carbon you don't want them
Tumbling to hard cause they will start to basically grind each other down and cause a constant dusting but does
This happen with bio pellets or is there like a threshold where is should be

Had a clouding happen but has cleared in only 2 days I did nothing different it has been taking some time to figure out where the protein skimmer needs to be set but slowly getting there man does it pull nasty stuff out

Back
Top Bottom