Breeding, would like to start with emeral crabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it difficult to breed crabs? What process would I take in order to do this?

iv never heard of breeding crabs in home aquariums before iv heard of shrimp but not crabs and if you do you will probably have trouble feeding them

e-cat said:
iv never heard of breeding crabs in home aquariums before iv heard of shrimp but not crabs and if you do you will probably have trouble feeding them

Why is it very difficult to breed and feed them?

i never said it was difficult too breed them i said iv never heard of breeding emerald crabs and you wil have difficulties feeding them unless you have a tank full of bubble algae.

e-cat said:
i never said it was difficult too breed them i said iv never heard of breeding emerald crabs and you wil have difficulties feeding them unless you have a tank full of bubble algae.

Oh sorry. I thought they were scavenger crabs? I have 4 of them in my tank now and I don't know if I have bubble algae in there now?

they are scavenger crabs, will pick most anything off of rocks. SOME emerald crabs will eat bubble algae, but it is not their exclusive diet.

Back
Top Bottom