bubble tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eldo1998

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 75g has been running for two months now. Is it to early for me to put in a bubble tip anemone? And what do they eat?

You need moderate to high lighting, but if you have that, and have had steady parameters, then I don't see why not. But maybe I just don't understand why you need to wait a long time to get an anemone.

What type of lights do you have? What type of nem are you looking to get? I got rid of mine cause I was afraid it would eat my fish, cause trust me, mine got HUGE. Also have to worry about it getting caught in powerheads, it was just a big worry for me.

How is your water? amm, trites, trates?

Carey what type of nem did you have, that grew that big?

Carey what type of nem did you have that grew that big?

Are those ok to purchase at Petland? Or would you buy from someone?

If petland is your only fish store then yeah, I guess i would get it there. I'd check out some other stores though, even if they're further away, especially if your looking for a nem. They are super sensitive creatures.

What kind of light do you have? i don't think we got that outta ya. lol

When I had my nem, I fed him little pieces of siversides every couple days. You can't overfeed or you can stress them out and they can die.

What type of lighting will I need for a nem. I don't have metals halides yet. So can someone advise me on the proper lights.

Are green (atlantic) brittle starfish predators? I have heard so many different answers?

There are moderate light nems? I've never heard of that! But I dont have a bta so maybe youre right. On live aquaria it says moderate to high light.

I wouldnt go with anything less than a T5 4 bulb individually reflected light setup. The individual reflectors will let you get the most out of your fixture and bulbs and some say they can compare to MH. :)

Just my 2 cents

I think the nems are the most light demanding creatures, next to clams. There could be some corals but I'm unfamiliar with any that have such strong requirements. maybe SPS?

Back
Top Bottom