bubble tip went hiding under a rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 28 gallon nano with a small rose bubble tip. It went hiding under a rock. I have a JBJ Professional LED hood. I can see it open tucked under a rock. Running day lights about 9 hours a day. dusk about 4. Why would it hide under a rock? Too much light?

It would hide under a rock because it does whatever it wants....lol. If it doesn't move into the lights, I would manually put it in the light. They can actually kill themselves like this

How long have you had it and what is the flow like in your tank? I have one that has been in my tank for about 3 weeks now and it hasn't moved. I found a low flow area where I thought it would like and turned off all my pumps before putting him in there. I turned the pumps back on in about 30 minutes and so far so good it is happy and hasn't decided to search for a better place.

If it is attached to the rock you can damage the foot by moving it.

Same spot for about 3 weeks. Now it decides to move
Under a rock. It was in a low flow area. Not sure why it moved. I will give it until noon tommorow and see I would have to tear down my rock to get at it.

He has been in my tank for about 3 weeks or so, He seemed happy. Now he has moved. I would have to tear the whole tank down to get to him. His foot was lodged in the lowest part of the tank So flow was low to medium. Now I can hardly see him.

I am not worried about him releasing his foot. I am concerned about him staying under the rock. He has himself in a cave under a rock. To move him would mean dismantling the rock

Back
Top Bottom