Butterfly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any one got any idea which kind of butterfly is suitable for beginner? I want one that is omnivore, which will consume flakes, easy to start eating when purchased and hardy type. Any idea? BTW I want one that will not disturb tube worms/feather duster.

There is a sub species of Heniochus that is a plankton eater exclusively. I will have to try to find the latin name for you, but that is your best bet from what you have described.

Now...there is no such thing as a butterfly suited for a beginner. They are all delicate and require pristine water.

Sorry...

A little research....here ya go

Longfin Bannerfish = Heniochus acuminatus
The Longfin Bannerfish is recognised by the long tapering dorsal filament, white body with two broad black bands, and yellow soft dorsal and caudal fins.
Schooling Bannerfish = Heniochus diphreutes. It looks very similar, but is distinguished by a more rounded profile under the head, a shorter snout , the second black band is located further forward on the anal fin, and a difference in the number of dorsal spines (12 vs 11). This species grows to around 25cm and eats zooplankton and bottom-living invertebrates
Actually, their are 8 species in this Genera: Heniochus
Species:
acuminatus
chrysostomus
diphreutes
intermedius
monoceros
pleurotaenia
singularius
varius

Back
Top Bottom