Caleb getting salty!?! No way..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the worm is still MIA right now.

Question: my cleaner shrimp molted again. In my frenzy last time I removed his molt. Should I leave it this time or remove it?

Caleb

Either, I kept mine because I like to freak out ppl when they saw my sw tank. But u can throw it out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the worm probably crawled into a rock , as for the molt you could leave it or remove it
either way don't matter ,

Came home today and found my scarlet hermit dead at the bottom of the tank. The weird part is his shell was at the top of tank on the LR. Like something pulled him out or he left his shell and was killed.

Well I don't want to say he was replaced but I had brought him home 2 scarlet friends when I found him. So in a sense he was replaced unknowingly and will be missed.

Caleb

Came home today and found my scarlet hermit dead at the bottom of the tank. The weird part is his shell was at the top of tank on the LR. Like something pulled him out or he left his shell and was killed.

Well I don't want to say he was replaced but I had brought him home 2 scarlet friends when I found him. So in a sense he was replaced unknowingly and will be missed.

Caleb

Sorry about the loss of your Scarlet Hermit Crab. I recently lost my Turbo Snails so I know how you feel. Inverts may not be fish but are still so much fun to have. :)

Enjoy your new guys! :) (y)

Sorry about the loss of your Scarlet Hermit Crab. I recently lost my Turbo Snails so I know how you feel. Inverts may not be fish but are still so much fun to have. :)

Enjoy your new guys! :) (y)

I actually find them just as fun if not more entertaining to watch than fish :) sorry about the snails!

Caleb

I need to replenish my inverts around every 6 months as they are part of the food chain , so I don't get attached

Well in a tank that is majority inverts it's hard not to ;)

Did a water test and got sorta what I expected:

Ammonia: 0.25ppm (assuming from the hermit)
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm (weird because my water change was Monday)

In process of PWC to get ammonia back to 0.

Caleb

My ammonia test is weird. I'm my freshwater the yellow color is see through. This is like trying to see a fish in a lake underwater. It's not going to happen. The color looks yellow but it's murky.

Caleb

I didn't do it! I didn't do it I promise! I would never give in to temptation of beautiful corals and a debit card!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435275148.928194.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435275162.362041.jpg

Caleb

I actually find them just as fun if not more entertaining to watch than fish :) sorry about the snails!

Caleb

Thanks.

Invertebrates sure are a blast, especially shrimp! They're my favorite kind of inverts, I love how Cleaners just jump on arms and clean them like it's a fish :lol:. I think it is Paul on here that calls them cuticle shrimp, or is the someone else? LOL

For some reason my Kenyi isn't fully extending yet my other corals look fine and are extended fine.

Also I left my hermits shell in there just incase another wanted to renovate it. Turns out, he isn't dead, he's just lost a claw in a fight or something. I noticed when I saw him come out for heading time.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom