Caleb getting salty!?! No way..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not bad. Try putting the powerhead on the opposite side as your filter. Put it low and point it up. This will help with CO2/oxygen exchange and be an attempt to 'push' uneaten food/poop into the filter for removal.

Not bad. Try putting the powerhead on the opposite side as your filter. Put it low and point it up. This will help with CO2/oxygen exchange and be an attempt to 'push' uneaten food/poop into the filter for removal.

Great idea! I'm mounting a bracket on the wall and suspending the light.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

So when is it getting wet?

Very soon hopefully! I have already run into my first problem though...
My lovely brother pulled on the suspension cables.. Now I can't figure out how to pull them back out... If I left them I would have a 2ft gap between light and tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430162337.019188.jpg

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Very soon hopefully! I have already run into my first problem though...
My lovely brother pulled on the suspension cables.. Now I can't figure out how to pull them back out... If I left them I would have a 2ft gap between light and tank.
View attachment 271106

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If you hold in that sticky out springy thing on top the wire should slide free.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Disregard post asking about how you hung the light in the other thread, looks good bro!

Thank you!

EDIT: I took a deer mount off and just added another screw to the stud in the wall. So technically I didn't hang anything new :) just replaced.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Last edited:
Boom! That's how its done. Long term talking, watch that board and make sure it doesn't start to bow down. Wouldn't want it crashing into the tank and ruining every thing

Boom! That's how its done. Long term talking, watch that board and make sure it doesn't start to bow down. Wouldn't want it crashing into the tank and ruining every thing

Oh definitely ill reinforce if needed.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Nice looking tank, I think to will be an amazing nano reef when you are finished. I think some zos would look great as well as a yellow stripe clingfish. Also Liveaquaria.com might give you some great ideas for inverts.

Nice looking tank, I think to will be an amazing nano reef when you are finished. I think some zos would look great as well as a yellow stripe clingfish. Also Liveaquaria.com might give you some great ideas for inverts.

Thanks Finn thanks for checking it out. I'll try not to burn everything with the light ;)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm getting my rock, LR or DR? This week along with filling it up.

I want to talk inverts but don't want to rush things.

Also super nervous about messing up the first salt batch lol.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm getting my rock, LR or DR? This week along with filling it up.

I want to talk inverts but don't want to rush things.

Also super nervous about messing up the first salt batch lol.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I read through this thread and i really wouldn't recommend emerald crabs with nano fish. I don't know what other people will say but I have bad experiences with them in the past. My friend had one eat three heads of frogspawn and a shrimp. I had one eat four green clown gobies and wouldn't let any fish come near his rock pile.

I read through this thread and i really wouldn't recommend emerald crabs with nano fish. I don't know what other people will say but I have bad experiences with them in the past. My friend had one eat three heads of frogspawn and a shrimp. I had one eat four green clown gobies and wouldn't let any fish come near his rock pile.

Ouch! It's not up high on my want list. Was just an idea. Think I like scarlet hermits better :) also totally in love with the bumble bee shrimp ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I would get some love rock and some dry. Depending on how much you plan to have in the tank. I vote scarlet hermits over emerald crabs any day.

Back
Top Bottom