Calling all Refugium experts??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azn_gq

Aquarium Advice Regular
So this just got setup last night ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389567007.573137.jpg

It's my first time using a sump and refugium. For those of you who have one or have experience..
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389567057.855974.jpg

As you can see that first wide compartment is for a refugium. I never made this. I got this for free from a friend.

I'm really worried that this won't have enough flow in and out and the life won't thrive and the water may become stagnant. As this is the only opening in and out of the refugium top right corner ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389567188.889528.jpg

I was told not to put a power head in the refugium. Is there sufficient enough of flow with only this tiny opening?

Thanks and much appreciated!!!

My opinion is it wouldn't hurt to add a very small powerhead, but you may not need it. It is good to have reduced flow through your fuge like that.

My opinion is it wouldn't hurt to add a very small powerhead, but you may not need it. It is good to have reduced flow through your fuge like that.

Thanks so much for that opinion. Any good recommendations for an extremely small low flow power head?

Wait... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but is that actuLly where water exits? Not enter and exit? I'm supposed to t off my return line into the fuge at the other end with a valve????

Keep in mind the fuge is in the front not the middle. Hard to tell but there is a crab in it if you would like that for reference.

Back
Top Bottom