Can i??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay everyone, i was looking on live aquaria and i saw this fish that will fit in my 30 g, is reef compatible, and peaceful. I know NOTHING about this fish, and i was wondering if you could tell me some more about it. could have one in my 30 gallon? Would it decrease the amout of fish i can have/ be agressive towards them? Thanks, here is the link

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+19+74&pcatid=74

Ironic that it's labeled 'Peaceful', yet goes on to say

The Sargassum feeds by ambush, lying in wait for an unsuspecting fish or crustacean to go by and then lunging forward, grabbing and swallowing the victim whole. The Sargassum has been known to devour fish nearly equal to its own size

With a max size of 6", I'd be afraid to put one in... though I know nothing about them.

Haha i totally agree!!! I read that and was like what.......??? How is that peaceful??? Haha

I catch these all the time. They get to be 6", but don't swim at all. They stay still all day waiting for prey to move near it do it can eat. It WILL eat anything that is its size or smaller. Don't get it if you want other fish/inverts.

Back
Top Bottom