Can I bottle water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronalam

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sorry if this answered somewhere else, I couldn't find anything.

I'm going to make a 45l batch of water sometime soon, to make water changes easier and I was wondering, is it possible to just bottle the mix up, once I know everything matches my current water?

It would be more ideal than leaving a bucket with a pump in it and easier to store away.

Thanks.

But would it need a constant air stone in the bottle?

The idea was to make it in a 45l bucket then, once it's all settle and accurate, I would fill a bunch of 3L bottles, seal them and store them away for once I need them.

Without constant agitation would it stagnant ?

You should be able to store the water for a good while. If you start with RO/DI and put them into bottles with little to no air the water should keep for a good long while. Be sure to warm the water and aerate before adding stored water to your system, but you should be able to keep the water for well over a month.

Yeah, I was just going to mix it all up, when it's suitable to bottle, fill the bottles, squeeze out any excess air so the water is right at the rim of the bottle, then screw on the cap.

Then, before adding to the tank, warm the water up if needed and then simply pour in, 45L of water would last me a month I worked it out to, so a month is plenty of storage time.

Its fine. The salt would kill most of the bacteria that would become a problem. Keep it out of the light so it doesnt grow algae.

Back
Top Bottom