Can I do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elinder

Aquarium Advice Newbie
100 gal tank. Make half the tank a reef tank and dedicate the other half to a different look. Since the aquarium is 60" long, I was thinking 30" lights over the reef part. Please advise. Thanks

or maybe set up a little reef in the middle of the tank with the high powered lighting over that area. Maybe go up to a 36" if I can use the middle of the tank.

what would be hte reasoning? WHat kinda look? I dont see why not you could even make a eggcrate divider.

If I understand what you are trying to accomplish, it's a bit like the "edge of the reef". Basically where the reef leaves off and the open ocean begins. I see no reason why it would not work as long as whatever area chosen to represent the reef had the appropriate amount of light for the animals kept.

The rest could be sparsely scattered with small rock or just plain sand. However you decide, just be sure the overall set up is geared towards "reef standards" as far as flow and acceptable water parameters.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom