Can I have some opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys just chasing some opinions on my tank what you think would look good in it iv mainly got softies and some LPS ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399380827.309798.jpg

Are you in the middle of a water change when you took this pic? Just asking cause your tank is only like 2/3 full

I'm a real stickler for cohesive/structural looking live rock...having spent 3 years arranging mine and still not satisfied. So, my advice would be to move things closer together, getting a bit of negative space going, follow the "rule of thirds" and just experiment. If you've got a beer, and you're into that sort of thing, inebriation has been shown to increase creativity in studies. Just don't go overboard...to creative and you'll think the live rock will look better outside of the tank.

I think it looks good. No need to re-arrange IMO. I don't think the "rule of thirds" is much of a rule at all. I find it to be a waste of time. You can do way cooler things without it.

I'm not to fussed about flow in my tank iv got a wp40 for flow I'll have a look at that link now iv always just done what

What lighting do you have? Some montis and birdsnests could fill up the top left nicely. Or maybe a garden of some type (z's/p's, acans, rics, for example) can add amazing color and all very easy to care for.

Iv got 2 165watt full spectrum LEDs I wouldn't mind some montis my friend is trying to get me to get some zoas there slowly growing on me I would like a nice green monti

Back
Top Bottom