Canister Wars.... Which do you think is better Nu-Clear 500 vs. Red Sea 240

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fyite On

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

Just upgrading to a new 180G Show Tank from my 90G current. In the process of building out the filtration system and I am VERY strongly leaning towards a double canister (2 units not nested) closed system.

Tank is Glass and un-plumbed, so I can set it up however I choose, but it is pre-drilled with 4 holes in the back (2 at the top and 2 1/3 down).

At this point I wanted to put an open question to the community on which of the canisters you would go with and WHY :).

Option 1: Pair of these in line from Red Sea (1 with Carbon 1 with Filter and UV)

Option 2: Split the line and run half the H2O through a pair of Nu-Clear (1 with Carbon 1 with Filter) and the second half bring pushed through a separate UV.

Thanks In Advance.:thanks:

The problem canister filters in SW is they become nitrate factory's. Most SW tanks use a sump with a filter sock, skimmer, bubble trap and a Refugium.

I agree. You will need to clean the canisters weekly and they will not do as good of a job as a good skimmer. I would have plenty of live rock and get a good skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom