Canopy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianf40us

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everybody i was wondering where i could get a 75gallon glass canopy for my aquarium i do not have one on right now and i notice some salt build up on the underside of my light. 400$ for a light i want to protect it but i cant find any online.

Can you clarify what you want? A canopy is usually referring to a wooden "box" that lays on top of the tank to hide the lighting and equipment. It doesn't provide your lights with any protection from the water or creep.

A tank top, such as a glass lid for the tank will, but it has other negatives to it regarding gas exchange and heat that typically outweigh the benefits of having it on a SW tank.

If you're referring to the glass lids that cover the top of your aquarium, you can usually find them locally at your lfs. Alot of folks don't really recommend them.....if possible you might want to consider wiping down the fixture in your weekly maint. schedule.

It looks like you want a glass cover. They are sold at Petsmart. As others have mentioned glass covers can cause low PH due to poor aeration at the surface as well as heating issues.

My fixture comes with a plexiglass cover that covers the light, not the tank. Then I can just wipe off that cover.

Back
Top Bottom