Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1st Chamber: I simply have the heater in there, don't use the filter in there cartridge in there anymore, but still could if I wanted to.
2nd Chamber: Yeah LR Rubble, soon to have macro algae too
3rd. The water flows from the 2nd to the 3rd at the bottom, and the sponge in there filters any air bubbles or sand and such so it doesn't get sucked into the pump and out. I haven't done anything with this, just the pump and sponge.

I put my heater in #3 since I have the skimmer, It works okay, but I tend to have to keep the tank a bit full to cover the heater. Not the best method.

Yeah, that's why I didn't put the heater in chamber 3, would always have to worry about the water level, which I do for salinity stabilization, but would hate to have the heater exposed to air in case....

I was just measuring the compartments and theres only 8 inches of depth in the filter pad section, how do you find an 8" long heater? Or can I put it in the return section? oh I'm getting so confused now lol

Thank you everyone!

You can remove that horizontal grid, I ended up cutting mine out, got halfway through before it just lifted out.... whoops :p

pictures might help lol. I have (from left to right) skimmer and powerhead pump in left chamber, LR rubble in middle overflow chamber (just took out the sponges, carbon, ect cause they gathered too much gunk), heater and second powerhead pump in last chamber. My tank came with the two powerheads and i just managed to squeeze the skimmer (hob) in that left chamber.

pictures might help lol. I have (from left to right) skimmer and powerhead pump in left chamber, LR rubble in middle overflow chamber (just took out the sponges, carbon, ect cause they gathered too much gunk), heater and second powerhead pump in last chamber. My tank came with the two powerheads and i just managed to squeeze the skimmer (hob) in that left chamber.

Ok. I get how you have it. :) here's a dumb question tho, you said u have the powerheads in 2 of the chambers, how is that? Do you mean the wires go thru that section or is there a magnetic holder like koralia has?

Thanks for holding my hand with this, I'm so very excited!!

img_1291914_0_5c3bd9f485b9c2ee9d4baad8cfe5c298.jpg

woot! a picture... yeah thats how I'm understanding it. If i dont wanna break off that bottom grid in the right chamber though how do I fit a heater in there? Or just find one thats 8"?

If you don't want to remove the grid, I guess that's your only option. I really didn't want to keep the heater inside the tank like I had it before, so I was willing to do what I needed to do to remove it :) It is a lot easier to see the heater to make sure it is working, and adjust the temp if I need to.

carey said:
its a 29. I have a 29g sw but I was using 2 koralia 750's in there lol. The one for the bio cube is 250gph. I don't want sand blowing all over though.

How far are you into your nano build?

Haha! You could have a real live snow globe!! Fun :) Jk....ok ill bite :)MTS big time I see! Good for you :)

Have we even thought about stock yet?! Oh boy!! I can't wait for pictures pictures pictures!! Weeeeee!! Vicarious living at its greatest!

Have we even thought about stock yet?! Oh boy!! I can't wait for pictures pictures pictures!! Weeeeee!! Vicarious living at its greatest!

LOL Live it up, i am almost done with tanks, only need the 125 reef now. :)

The stock list will be:
2 designer clowns (not sure snowflakes or picassos maybe)
1 blenny
1 mandarin goby!!

I'm doing all this for the darn goby! I'm gonna make a 10g nursery to grown him pods for supplemental feeding.

I hope this goes well, I'm so confused by this whole bio cube thing, everythings so darn small. hehe

I''l post some pics here I'm just waiting for them to upload. The powerheads are built into the tank which is nice, the pump is in the back and connected to the head with a tube

I think those "designer clowns" look cool, but I have a hard time parting with that much cash.....

carey said:
LOL Live it up, i am almost done with tanks, only need the 125 reef now. :)

The stock list will be:
2 designer clowns (not sure snowflakes or picassos maybe)
1 blenny
1 mandarin goby!!

I'm doing all this for the darn goby! I'm gonna make a 10g nursery to grown him pods for supplemental feeding.

I hope this goes well, I'm so confused by this whole bio cube thing, everythings so darn small. hehe

Spoiled little goby! He better enjoy this...ya, you've been talkin about picassos for a while! A few months...that'll be exciting :) can't wait for more...small?! Hmm maybe a nano is a bad idea for me...I'd probably accidentally swallow a part or something...

On a side note mandarins are actually a dragonet, not a goby. I once thought they were a goby as well haha.

hehe I actually knew that but most people know "mandarin goby" . I've been eyeing one of these for months. That and a tang LOL

Back
Top Bottom