Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well bad news, found the copperband wedged in the rockwork. :-( He wasnt looking too good yesterday so I wasnt too terribly surprised. Liveaqauria honored their warranty after i contacted them about the loss.

I think this is the last copperband I will try unless my favorite lfs ever gets any more in. They are not bringing in any indo copperbands due to the mortality rate.

The rest of the fish are doing fine though and I hope that holds up.

Only other news I have on the tanks is that I gutted the biocube and added the live rock I had in water for the last few weeks. No more aipastia in there. Will move over the 60g fish once I am sure there will be no spikes.

Thanks sniper. I really was hoping this one would make it. I think it is in fact an issue with the indo butterflys. Not many of my lfs's are bringin them in to begin with due to them dying for no reason.

so sad....

Then don't pick high risk fish...even though they are awesome to look at. I stopped this a long time ago. I went through my copper banded's and my Achilles tangs also, and it didn't end happily. Now I stick with the staples....

yeah i know. lol I just really dig the copperbands for some reason. I have had some success with some hard to keep fish and just figured maybe it would work, yet again I was incorrect. I've pretty much have/had most of the fish off my wish list so I shouldn't have any issues like I have been with the copperbands. Since i had that first perfect one I hoped that I would find another just like it. I suppose it was a one in a million fish and one like it wont come along for quite some time.

I am hoping to pick up or order a blonde naso this week so I can finally move the 125g fish over to this 180g. I know they are alot easier than the butterflys. lol I think the achilles looks cool just isnt for me so no worries there. And the marine bettas' well, I just dont get the allure, they look nice enough but they dont ring my bell if you know what i mean. lol
The only other hard to keep fish i have always contemplated is the twin spot goby, just real nervous that it wont survive so I have held off all these years. lol

It's 6:41 I think I need some sleep. I'm rambling and I have some tank stuff to do today. :)

yeah i know. lol I just really dig the copperbands for some reason. I have had some success with some hard to keep fish and just figured maybe it would work, yet again I was incorrect. I've pretty much have/had most of the fish off my wish list so I shouldn't have any issues like I have been with the copperbands. Since i had that first perfect one I hoped that I would find another just like it. I suppose it was a one in a million fish and one like it wont come along for quite some time. I am hoping to pick up or order a blonde naso this week so I can finally move the 125g fish over to this 180g. I know they are alot easier than the butterflys. lol I think the achilles looks cool just isnt for me so no worries there. And the marine bettas' well, I just dont get the allure, they look nice enough but they dont ring my bell if you know what i mean. lol The only other hard to keep fish i have always contemplated is the twin spot goby, just real nervous that it wont survive so I have held off all these years. lol It's 6:41 I think I need some sleep. I'm rambling and I have some tank stuff to do today. :)

I bet you can't wait to consolidate the 125g finally! Managing a 125g and 180g must be exceedingly difficult. So you have moved over the Biocube fish, and no other fish yet, right? Are you keeping the FOWLR up and running to go along with your new tank, and 180g? The FOWLR is a fun tank, from what I remember there are some fun inverts in there too! Now I am rambling! :lol:

I bet you can't wait to consolidate the 125g finally! Managing a 125g and 180g must be exceedingly difficult. So you have moved over the Biocube fish, and no other fish yet, right? Are you keeping the FOWLR up and running to go along with your new tank, and 180g? The FOWLR is a fun tank, from what I remember there are some fun inverts in there too! Now I am rambling! :lol:

If memory serves me right she is taking down the 29 BC, 60, and the 125 but keeping the others right? Sorry about the butterfly though :(.

Thats the plan as far as taking tanks down. The only possible change would be if I can get a custom stand made for the 60g making it easier to work on, but thats a big maybe. For the cost of a custom stand I can most likely get a nuvo30 instead and not have to worry about working below as its all in one.

Update on the new and empty biocube: It has ammonia readings so there was definitely some die off. I'm monitoring the parameters until it goes down to zero and then I will begin moving the 60g fish around.

Also excited for this week to get started, I will be getting a blonde naso hopefully, if I can find one locally from a reputable shop. If all else fails i will just get a naso, I like their body style and color, not as cool as the blonde but if thats what I can find then i'll be happy. :)

ehh, a blonde would be great, but the naso would be good for me. I'm not too too particular. lol I'll be at a fish store for friday and can stop at another one if they dont have what I want. I am taking a trip over to orlando so there are quite a few lfs out that way so I'm hopeful. :) Cannot wait to get the tangs in the tank! lol
The tank is very active, those little chromis are awesome! Always schooling and swimming everywhere, the midas blenny is also always swimming too.

LOL yeah.... Did have two jump into an overflow but we took apart the plumbing and got them out. So far no nipping between them or anything but they are still pretty small. I was thinking of getting a few more, I've never seen schooling fish like this before in my tanks and its so pretty!

I keep going back and forth on getting several for mine. I've done small groups, 5 and 7, and always end up with one. Never saw any aggression either. Thinking of giving it one last try with maybe 9 or 11.

Back
Top Bottom