Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took some photos and a short video, here are the pictures, youtube is still processing the video. lol

Video! the naso finally got the hang of the algae clip. lol he is looking pretty good, I swear he has put on weight already which was really concerning me. No one is bothering him and he eats like a pig. It looks like I finally have a naso that is gonna make it. :) Whats tragic is that I lost 3 before I got this one and this one was the cheapest of them all. lol

180g Reef 3/9/14 - YouTube

How many tangs do you have in there? Looking at all these big tanks makes me want to step up from my nanos

I only have the blue tang, the tomini and the little naso. I have plans to get one more, probably when I get back into town next week.

I got the tank bug about 3 weeks after i set up my first tank, which was a 29g. :)
I went to a 55g cause I thought it was enough for a yellow tang and when I found out it wasnt I went to a 125g. :)

Not sure which tang I will add next, liking the whitecheeks but another yellow might be in the cards.

You should consider an orange shoulder. Really cool fish and looks great in the reef. Here's a pic I took of one in Hawaii

U0jU4wQ.jpg

That is a pretty nice looking tang. I'm at the mercy of what the fish stores have locally, I'm not 100% agaisnt the idea of picking one up from online but with my recent luck with tangs I think I'd prefer to see it locally before buying him

Although doing some reading you may not want to go with the Achilles after all. Sounds like they won't play nice with your other tangs. Still think you could care for any fish you wanted though

do the LT tang Carey. we've had one in our 125 for over a year now and ill admit that hes not the most visually stunning fish, but the amount of character he has is amazing, not to mention he has all the typical tang attributes. its also worht mentioning that the LT tangs do change from a very light gray to almost solid black/deep brown. its pretty amazing to watch him change at will.

Thanks! he is such pig, but I love having my fish fat. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right lol

Thats exactly how i see it. So many saltwater fish have issues eating I like when they eat too much. lol Just means they are feeling safe and secure enough in there new home. :)

Just got back from almost a week in Philadelphia and so far have only one loss, my king crab. :-( Some corals had fallen but they look fine and all the fish seem accounted for.

Also got another 2 sinulairia corals from mr X on my visit to hang with him for a few hours. They look pretty good and I have high hopes for them. :)

Had a blast with X, what a cool guy! And his tank is more awesome in person than in pictures! His sump room is to die for as well, sooo wish i had that kind of space. lol
But Doug took me to a couple local shops that were obscenely overpriced so i ended up just picking up some dry goods here and there. All in all a good visit. So glad he had the time for me yesterday, it was greatly appreciated. :-D

Thats exactly how i see it. So many saltwater fish have issues eating I like when they eat too much. lol Just means they are feeling safe and secure enough in there new home. :)

Just got back from almost a week in Philadelphia and so far have only one loss, my king crab. :-( Some corals had fallen but they look fine and all the fish seem accounted for.

Also got another 2 sinulairia corals from mr X on my visit to hang with him for a few hours. They look pretty good and I have high hopes for them. :)

Had a blast with X, what a cool guy! And his tank is more awesome in person than in pictures! His sump room is to die for as well, sooo wish i had that kind of space. lol
But Doug took me to a couple local shops that were obscenely overpriced so i ended up just picking up some dry goods here and there. All in all a good visit. So glad he had the time for me yesterday, it was greatly appreciated. :-D

Sounds like fun! It can be a whole new experience seeing a tank in person.

Sorry about the King....good to hear everyone else is well though.

Back
Top Bottom