Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't seen a full tank shot of your Carey but here is my friends it's 2400 liters so I think it's about 620 gallons it's tang central I'm guessing your would look like this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395750372.233337.jpg

600g?? Yeah, I think i could make room for that in the house. Just would have to get rid of every other tank I have, but that would be worth it.
lol

I'm curious of the dimensions of that monster. Looks to be more of a square build with a lot of depth.

I've for two wp40's and they are doing the same as when I put them in. :) Nothing has broken, no noise so i still pleased with them. Now, if I happen to find a good deal on ebay for some mp40's or a mp60 then I will of course go with those. Bur for the money you cant really beat the jerbao's. :)

Just to pester you one moe time on the jebao powerheads for my 150, I was looking at them on amazon and the wp-60's were only $2.00 more than the wp-40's would that be way to much flow or would I be able to keep them dialed back enough to keep my sand in place

Hmm that doesnt seem like a big dollar difference BUT keep in mind if you get the larger one and tone it down then you are still using more electricity than if you get the wp40.
I don't have the wp40's even at full blast in the 180g, they are about half way up.
In this case the extra $2 might be a waste in my opinion.

Thanks Carey, it sounds like in this case bigger isn't always better, so I guess now it's time to burn that tax return on fish supplies

Yeah don't buy the WP60's. the 40's are more than sufficient and plus the 60's are way too big.

Yeah don't buy the WP60's. the 40's are more than sufficient and plus the 60's are way too big.

I've pretty much decided on the wp-40's but I'm just a little confused by the the wide pricing gaps on amazon when I look up the 40's, I've found them running from $70 up to @ $150

It depends on the seller with amazon. Some places are high just looking for someone to buy it at the inflated prices. Usually amazon itself is the cheapest.

That's the one I found for $69.95, I should probably order soon, just waiting for that last disability check to come in

Back
Top Bottom