Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got home after being away for a week and all is well in all the tanks. The anthias is not eating but didn't die so I have no idea what he is eating. Just hope he will eventually eat some frozen.

I think I am gonna go with the wp's, nothing too fancy but they should do the job just fine. I figure on 2 of them, even though I'm getting the vibe that may be too much I'd rather have too much flow than not enough. lol I can always work with the flow and make it so sand doesnt get everywhere. :)

I'm glad everything is alright!

That's weird about the Anthias......do they eat Copepods or something like that?

I'd get on them pretty quickly. They are a fish that needs lots of food. I have had problems with them eating before. Don't think they are living on pods. They tend to catch free swimming critters.

I'm using 2 wp40 on my 180 and after some fine tuning and adjusting the sand will stop getting all blown around . They are great though and you will be happy you got them .

I was debating 2 on my 125 but im just gonna run my koralias with it. Gonna need something to negate the wave motion on the surface

I'm hoping to entice the anthias with some frozen food like cyclopeeze or baby brine shrimp. I know he wont eat pellets, flake or regular pe mysis or bloodworms, been trying those like crazy. I'm hoping the smaller food will work. I tried some rods coral food last night which has alot of small particles but still nothing. My last squareback ate like a pig and I was hoping for a similar reaction with this one. I've had him for almost two weeks and he is still swimming around so he must be eating something in the tank I'm hoping. The tank is a couple years old so maybe there is enough of whatever he is eating to last til he starts eating regular frozen.

I'm hoping like crazy, I've yet to lose a fish to starvation and i dont wanna start now

No shop within 100 miles of me still sells live brine so thats not gonna work. :-(

I do have garlic and silversides, maybe I'll chop one up and give it a try.. It's worth a try at least.

Thanks guys....

Why not culture your own live brine? I mean a setup will only cost a few bucks and you have several tanks that could benefit from it

Why not culture your own live brine? I mean a setup will only cost a few bucks and you have several tanks that could benefit from it

It is easy to do and I think I'm gonna hatch some for my finicky feeders. Did you all see that mandarin/butterfly fish feeder? That looks deluxe and almost free to build.

The majority of us could do the brine setup free. We all know the amount of extra equipment we have layin around.

When I had my freshwater hatchery we kept 5 gallon water jugs going all the time with brine shrimp. Even raising them and gut loading them is simple with algae paste. We use to have green water being made all the time.

I tried once to hatch brine but was not succesful. :-( maybe I should give it another go. I tried the garlic and no luck with the anthias. I may be going back to the fish shop I got him at tomorrow, might consider trying to catch him and getting him back there. But doubt I can get him out as he is a devil with rock hiding thing he does.

I may try that. Never thought of grating the cube. lol I mixed up some cyclopeeze so i will try that in the morning. I might pick up some nutramar as well if i see it in my travels later.

Thanls greg!

Tomorrow is fish or coral day! Can't wait! I know which coral I am getting but the fish will be a surprise, I kinda know which one I want he has had it in qt for a couple weeks so might get him. ;-)

I will update later, can't wait to try to feed the anthias either. I'm having a good feeling....hope I'm not jinxing things. lol

Today is fish day for me!! Too stoked about it lol. I find it amusing that people get excited about shopping day or grocery day, we get excited about fish day

Back
Top Bottom