Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome guys! Thanks!

It's looking more and more like a WP40 is gonna be the winner. Really would have loved an MP40 but the price just keeps turning me off to it. :-(

I'm hoping to maybe buy one this week after I get paid Wednesday, just got to see how much money I have left. lol this darn wedding is taking all my extra cash, but it's only four weeks away so that will end soon and I can start buying lots of goodies for this new tank!

I'm no expert but I started out with an MP10WES on my 40B and was satisfied until I got a Jebao WP25 two weeks ago. Got turned off because it was way too powerful, then I started reading about running it at 12V vice 24V. Lets just say my Vortech is getting a new home to the highest bidding Ebayer so I can get two more of these suckers!!!! Way more silent too!!!

I've got a MP10 on my 60g tank and really like it, its dead silent and works very well. But the price tag is killing me. lol But I could probably afford only one on ebay so the wp'40s seem like the best choice, other than I can't hook it up to my controller. I love my reefkeeper it just makes everything run so smoothly

Yeah, I feel you on the price point thing. Jebao is definitely offering a product for those of us that are a bit lighter in the wallet. Plus I've read up on the Jebao pumps being controllable on the Neptune controllers with programming similar to Vortechs. Not sure about RKEs though.

carey said:
I've got a MP10 on my 60g tank and really like it, its dead silent and works very well. But the price tag is killing me. lol But I could probably afford only one on ebay so the wp'40s seem like the best choice, other than I can't hook it up to my controller. I love my reefkeeper it just makes everything run so smoothly

Im working on getting ahold of a how to for the controller aspect. Dont know if itll work with the RKE but its worth looking into

Not to jack the thread, but heres the response from hydor, truly a first class customer service. If a company can do this for me over $50 powerheads, why cant companies do this for the couple hundred dollar products i buy?

Attachments

• image-1195807271.jpg
    image-1195807271.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 80
Not to jack the thread, but heres the response from hydor, truly a first class customer service. If a company can do this for me over $50 powerheads, why cant companies do this for the couple hundred dollar products i buy?

That's great follow up. Makes me glad I have a bunch of their stuff.

I too got a response already. the same form letter email you got I got about an hour after submitting my message. That is awesome customer service. Almost makes me wanna get koralias for this new tank. Are they controllable by the RKE do ya think? The magnum ones....

Well I just simplified it, I ordered a wp40. :) Should be here Monday or tuesday I'm guessing.

Gonna run it in the 125g and see how it does. As for placement , I was thinking to put it on the opposite side of the return which is at about 1500gph, that sound about right? I'm just going to run the single wp40 in there so I wanna make sure I hook it up in the best place. LOL I've never really worked with a single power head before other than the vortech.

Mine is setup the same way. You'll like it it's in my 125 halfway down. Make sure to point it straight to avoid vibration.

I haven't found the need for another. But since reliability is the only question mark and since they r so new to the market, and because of the price I ordered a 2nd one as well!

With your return you may be ok with one . In my 180 I use 2 and am getting ready to place an order for a wp-25 to add along with them .

I was looking at the 25's too, there was a guy on ebay selling a 40 and a 10 together but it was almost as much as two 40's. lol

The powerhead got shipped and its only coming from Arizona so it should be here tuesday or wednesday because of the holiday. i always get excited when a new piece of fish gear comes, it makes my week. lol

I was thinking 2 25's as well, but a 25 was only 5 bucks cheaper than the 40. So i opted for the 40

The 40's can be controlled by their native controller or by means of an ac/dc universal laptop converter. That's what I have you adjust the dc voltage to the unit thereby varying its speed. Hey Carey be sure to setup a vid when you can I'm excited for you!

Aww Thanks! I'm due to be releasing a new video soon anyway. I love taking photos and video of my tanks. lol Plus I have some newer fish in the 125g so it'd be nice to have them saved onto video. hehe

Back
Top Bottom