Careys Tank(s) Lots of Pictures, Questions & Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our patients at the dental office I work for gave us a tour of Blizzard in Irvine ca. My son and I got a chance to see how they put it all together. It was funny, we went on a floor in the building where we can't talk about it. Top secret. My son wants to be an graphic artist. It really inspired him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

HAHA most would say i need help with both addictions. I play wow like 10 hours a day, at least and if I am not playing I am messing with fish tanks. I guess I DO have a problem......

But its so darn fun!!! lol

That's ok, I'm a long time gamer myself and gamer girls are hot.:brows:

ooo a secret blizzard floor? Now that is COOL!
lol

The fish tank guy just called me back, he apologized said he was really busy last night. SO i am going over tomorrow night about 6 to check things out. he has a brand new calcium reactor and ro/di as well as so much stuff I cant even remember. lol

Back to being excited!!!

I believe, from how he was talking, that he has over a dozen tanks, probably more. he said at one point he had 30 going in a fish room. he kept a lot of reefs and loved keeping frontosa's, so i gather he has mostly large tanks. lol

I wouldnt doubt for a minute that I come home with multiples. I'm thinking, based on what he has in total as far as tanks and equipment, maybe I can make an offer for the entire lot. Then sell off what i don't want or need. :)

I believe, from how he was talking, that he has over a dozen tanks, probably more. he said at one point he had 30 going in a fish room. he kept a lot of reefs and loved keeping frontosa's, so i gather he has mostly large tanks. lol

I wouldnt doubt for a minute that I come home with multiples. I'm thinking, based on what he has in total as far as tanks and equipment, maybe I can make an offer for the entire lot. Then sell off what i don't want or need. :)

Keep us posted! It sounds like you will have lots to choose from! :dance:

Just got back from the fish tank(s) guy. lol

Based on a quick look, the large tank is only a 180g. It was backed into a corner in a HUGE, and I mean huge garage and there were many things blocking my entire view. This guys garage was larger than my 1500sqft house. lol
Anyways, I am taking the 180g, its a pennisula type setup, with the stand and canopy. A 75g 5 footer, it has a tiny bb hole in the side though, but might be able to do something with it anyway. A couple of wet drys and sumps, 3-4 protein skimmers, a little giant external pump, a new in box ro system. calcium reactor, denitrator, some home made reactors, some uv sterilizers and a couple boxes of misc stuff such as a ph controller, brand new, some dosing pumps and god knows what else.lol

Am getting the lot for $200 which is a bit more than I hoped but still a good deal. :)
Gotta rent a small truck and we are going back to pickup the stuff on saturday. woohoo!

He had some serious stuff that I cant use though, like 1/4 and 1/2 inch glass panes that he used to fabricate tanks from as well as the glass cutting machine ( like 6 foot long) and the sander for the glass another 6 foot piece of commercial equipment. lol

I will update everyone once I get the lot here and can look through it more thoroughly.

If it is "only" a 180g then it will be an upgrade for the 125g cichlid tank and we will sell off the 125g tank and stand. Might actually run a sump for the cichlids as the tank is drilled and comes with a sump. Just needs an overflow box.

I had been really hoping for the 250g but unless its alot taller than it looks then it is just a 180g. Overall, not a bad deal.

Well, pb wins!! Nice work. I'll hire you for some scouting. Lol.

Based on a quick look, the large tank is only a 180g. It was backed into a corner in a HUGE, and I mean huge garage and there were many things blocking my entire view. This guys garage was larger than my 1500sqft house. lol
Anyways, I am taking the 180g, its a pennisula type setup, with the stand and canopy. A 75g 5 footer, it has a tiny bb hole in the side though, but might be able to do something with it anyway. A couple of wet drys and sumps, 3-4 protein skimmers, a little giant external pump, a new in box ro system. calcium reactor, denitrator, some home made reactors, some uv sterilizers and a couple boxes of misc stuff such as a ph controller, brand new, some dosing pumps and god knows what else.lol

Am getting the lot for $200 which is a bit more than I hoped but still a good deal. :)
Gotta rent a small truck and we are going back to pickup the stuff on saturday. woohoo!

He had some serious stuff that I cant use though, like 1/4 and 1/2 inch glass panes that he used to fabricate tanks from as well as the glass cutting machine ( like 6 foot long) and the sander for the glass another 6 foot piece of commercial equipment. lol

I will update everyone once I get the lot here and can look through it more thoroughly.

If it is "only" a 180g then it will be an upgrade for the 125g cichlid tank and we will sell off the 125g tank and stand. Might actually run a sump for the cichlids as the tank is drilled and comes with a sump. Just needs an overflow box.

I had been really hoping for the 250g but unless its alot taller than it looks then it is just a 180g. Overall, not a bad deal.

All that for $200... Wow, that's amazing..

Nice! Let's see what happens! :D

Thanks for following everyone. :)

I wish I could be starting a 250g thread right now, lol, so you guys will have to live with updates on the tanks I currently have.

Update: moved all 5 acan frags and the large acan colony over to the 60g and they have never looked better! So puffy and full, I even fed them the other night which is always awesome. :) The montui plate in the 180g is still alive too, no idea if it will make a comeback but it stopped fading. So time will tell.
The bullet goby I got for the 180g is doing well too, he made a huge mound of sand for his home but after I moved the corals outta the way its just fine.
I picked up another box of morter so hopefully one day soon i can do the rockscape in the 60g and have that tank fully ready for critters. lol

Just took some photos of some stuff, I promised lots of pictures so here are a bunch! lol

I also would like you guys to check out the "mustard" tang, is it really a mustard tang? He has the basic coloring of one but is usually darker than most I have seen in pictures. let me know what you think!!!

Back
Top Bottom