Careys Tank(s) Lots of Pictures, Questions & Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So here is a update on my orbit led's. What do you think about my rose bta. I come home from work and find him stretched out towards the light. He has stayed on the same rock for 5 weeks. I wondering if this looks normal or maybe it's my orbits not being strong enough. 8

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1403835443495.jpg
    1403835443495.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 1403835460204.jpg
    1403835460204.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 110
Well I guess I should upgrade to a better light. What do you think about a kessil 350 wide? My tank is 20 X 20x24.

I found a a 350 wide new kessil with the gooseneck and 90 degree extender for 275.00 with free shipping. It comes with a 2 year warranty. Here's the Website innovativegrowlights.com.

I found a a 350 wide new kessil with the gooseneck and 90 degree extender for 275.00 with free shipping. It comes with a 2 year warranty. Here's the Website innovativegrowlights.com.

Those are kessils horticulture lamps, not reef lamps. You want the kessil a350 not h350.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's ok. I talked to them in person and confirmed they were for aquariums. That's how I found out about the daily deal. So do you think this is a good idea to purchase. I need to work

I would go with the kessil at the price above, really cant beat it. And its an awesome light to boot.

Sorry melissa you got stuck with the orbits, i had my doubts about them going in but at least i have other tanks. lol The kessil will work with controllers too if that ever catches your fancy.

The scooter is still eating brine, I tried little baby pellets but it was a no go.

Whats really cute is the hawaiian hawk fish is by his side 24/7 Not sure why, even when the scooter is under the sand the hawk is right by his side the whole time. My little buddies. hehe

Hoping to work on the 60g this weekend. I need a place toput the pixie hawkfish, he is still terrorizing the other fish in the 40. He has stayed away from the scooter thankfully, but he is still trouble.

Wich orbits are not high enough and are we talking on corals I just got my orbit in you scared me

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's funny about the scooter and hawk! Maybe you have discovered an unknown symbiotic relationship, hehe. Keep us updated on the 60g progress. :D

Ravden, I am talking about the orbit marine lights that have the sunsets and thunder storm settings. They are not enough light for hardly anything more than softies, and it depends on the tank depth ALOT. I have a shallow 40b tank and am keeping all softies and some LPS. My anemone is needing much more light than this light provides.

Yeap that's the one I got, hope I don't run in that issue

How big is your tank? Like how deep? And what kinds of corals do you want to keep? A nem is out of the question and SPS as well, even high up it didnt do well. It was fine for like 2 months, maybe, and then bam it just bleached out from the bottom up.
SOme of my zooas are stretching as well, which is odd since they need lesser light than most corals. But keep in mind my tank is shallow. Placement could play a role but I tried alot of corals in alot of spots until I got to where i am now with them.

It's gonna be a 30 long and kinda shallow, and for corals probably just the low level stuff to start off with

Well, at first you should be fine. But when you start wanting anemones and SPS coral you will be upgrading your lights. :)

I was very productive overnight. Got the return on the 40b replumbed. Moved out the mag9.5 and moved in a mag5 which is doing a stellar job. The sand bed is nice and calm and the fish hopefully will do better. The scooter is eating sporadically, not looking good for him unfortunately. I will be buying some live brine on tuesday so he can have his fill. Knew i shouldnt have gotten the fish, just knew it. Sometimes we know better but do it anyways.

Back
Top Bottom