Careys Tank(s) Lots of Pictures, Questions & Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok guys, thanks for the input. I will add a 550 today, see how that goes. :)

I'm up early today and have the whole day so lets see what i can get done fish wise today! LOL

All the tanks can use a water change and the 60g is just screaming out for a rockscape. When you make a list of stuff that actually has to be done it seems like so much! lol

I know what you mean about needing a water change, don't they always? :lol: I love getting up early and having the day to get things accomplished, it is a good feeling. Did you get to the 60g scape? If so, we have to see pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

hehe all I managed to do was setup an ato for the 60g. lol But I'm getting there. I accomplished almost nothing yesterday, maybe today will be better. My new wp10 comes today so thats something to look foward to. Love fish gear days, so much fun.

My bulbs for the 180g wont be here til next wednesday I think, so still awhile to go before we can see how the fixture fits with the canopy.

That leather reminds me a little bit of the Devil's Hand I had in my old 34g. I enjoyed that coral in my tank, in my case, it was like the centerpiece of the aquarium!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've been very busy with my tanks lately. :)

First change was we moved the leds from the 180g and I put up the 12 bulb nova t5 fixture. :) I got new bulbs so it should be good for a year or so. I didnt realize how much I loved the t5's color until we put the nova up. So much cleaner and crisp than the leds. I also saw that I have 165w leds, I thought they were only 120w which would explain alot as far as me burning up all my corals.
I went a little crazy at the fish store today, picked up quite a few things. lol
Got 10 more chromis for the 180g and just finished acclimating them and they immediately schooled up with the existing chromis. Looks sooo cool when they swim as a mass. I also got a lawnmower blenny for the 180, i havent had any luck with them in that tank but for $8 I figured it was worth another try. Got some astrea snails for the 40b and a beautiful rock of zooas as well.
Overall a productive day. :)
Now to see if the t5's improve the corals that are in there still. The toadstool is on the sand in the 60g under the radion and while it hasnt gotten any worse it hasnt gotten any better either. :-( Hoping to be able to put it back in the 180g someday soon.
Thats all for now, gotta make some water as I have been water change crazy lately. lol

I've been very busy with my tanks lately. :)

First change was we moved the leds from the 180g and I put up the 12 bulb nova t5 fixture. :) I got new bulbs so it should be good for a year or so. I didnt realize how much I loved the t5's color until we put the nova up. So much cleaner and crisp than the leds. I also saw that I have 165w leds, I thought they were only 120w which would explain alot as far as me burning up all my corals.
I went a little crazy at the fish store today, picked up quite a few things. lol
Got 10 more chromis for the 180g and just finished acclimating them and they immediately schooled up with the existing chromis. Looks sooo cool when they swim as a mass. I also got a lawnmower blenny for the 180, i havent had any luck with them in that tank but for $8 I figured it was worth another try. Got some astrea snails for the 40b and a beautiful rock of zooas as well.
Overall a productive day. :)
Now to see if the t5's improve the corals that are in there still. The toadstool is on the sand in the 60g under the radion and while it hasnt gotten any worse it hasnt gotten any better either. :-( Hoping to be able to put it back in the 180g someday soon.
Thats all for now, gotta make some water as I have been water change crazy lately. lol

Oh, I think a video is in store for all of the schooling Chromis! I'm sure that looks so amazing! Good luck with the lawnmower, I'm sure he'll build up a nice big belly like your (and my) old one. :) That was so cute. I'm glad the new lights are working well! :)

LOL I have 15 in the tank and one living in the overflow.

I know, it sounds like a alot but they are so tiny for the most part. I wish i could add 10 more. Now THAT would be an awesome school.

LOL I have 15 in the tank and one living in the overflow.

I know, it sounds like a alot but they are so tiny for the most part. I wish i could add 10 more. Now THAT would be an awesome school.

Do they ever calm down at night or anything? Or are they always racing around, lol.

They probably make some of your other fish feel more secure! :) I read that a bunch of fish out and about let other specimens know a predator is not nearby.

Glad to hear lighting better I set tank up in room put everything in place. Just to set things where I wanted them I'll probably get all my rock and sand next month I've been trying to just use spare cash instead of just goin out and charging it all can't wait

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Since there are so many chromis now, they tend to group up at the top of the water near the right overflow. Before they would race to a hiding spot when the lights went out. lol

racden: Nice going! thats the smart way to do it, unlike me, whenever I want something I charge it. Its a really really bad habit lol

I am a BIG, HUGE overfeeder. LOL

I tend to feed some tiny pellets early in the day and at 6pm they get frozen food. I also do massive water changes due to my horrible overfeeding. I do abput 60g on my 180g, so it works out. i still battle nitrates though.

Normally, you can feed once a day and be fine as long as you do appropriate changes. I also try not to feed flake very much, that i believe has the most phosphates in it. :)

I think the majority of ppl actually feed every other day these days adn their fish do just fine on that kind of schedule.

How long has that chromis been in that overflow?? lol. Can you get it out?

The chromi in the overflow has been in there a few months. lol 3 others have gotten in there and we pulled apart all the plumbing each time to get them out. Only thing is now the bulkheads are getting stripped so we cant get this guy out. lol I feel bad but he is eating and hides whenever we come near so he looks ok. I need to get new bulkheads and then we can try to get him out.

Nope, when I feed a bunch goes right down the overflow. The chromi in there is actually getting fat. lol

That's funny about that Chromis! Hey, the overflow is probably a decent size on the huge fish tank!

Back
Top Bottom