Careys Tank(s) Lots of Pictures, Questions & Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I know I said this 180g would be my last "big" build, BUT there is a guy looking tog et rid of an entire garage of aquaria related things, including a 250g tank!!! Drilled, just needs a new overflow siliconed in. I am going to go look at his stuff tomorrow night so I will update you all on what I got or didnt get. lol

Anyways, how big IS a 250g tank typically? i have room where the 180g is now for an 8 footer, anyone know what the dimensions of a 250g would be? It's an old tank too, he said it weighs close to 650lbs and is an all glass tank. So I have no idea how big it could be.

Thanks guys, if you know let me know.
:)

60" x 37" x 27" that's what I could find for a 250 gallon tank. That's only one possible measurement it could be longer or shorter and deeper, but that gives you a good idea.

Once moved a 220g, me and one other guy. Son of a gun was insanely heavy. 600lbs sounds about right! I believe it was at least six feet long. Three feet tall. It was longer than the bed of an extended bed truck. We had to transport it on a large flatbed truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wish I had pictures of it. Was a predatory tank with a small sand shark, trigger, other such. Think we had a 75g sump under it, lol.

Good luck with it! I'm not sure about 250...my 240 is the standard 8x2x2'. Maybe THIS will be your last big build? :) At least until the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm so excited to go see the tank and other things this guy has been hoarding. lol Can't wait til 6 o'clock which is around when he said he would call me to come over.

I have 8 feet of wall where the 180g is now so it would have to replace that tank. It would be tight but it should fit. this is only IF I get it, might have to talk to the hubby some more about it, and of course check it out and see what he wants for it and other stuff like skimmers and stuff. He did say it came with a custom cabinet and canopy so I am sooo wanting to see it. lol

I'm thinking of the fish I could add if i went up to a 250g! I could prob get 2 other tangs, lol, not the huge ones but maybe medium sized ones. lol

If I do get it, where would i upgrade to if I wanted to go bigger? hehehe theres not much realistic thought that I would upgrade it again. The 180g is big, but not obscene, I think 250 would be kinda overkill and obscene. That would mean it would be my LAST finally, big build. And you guys can say all you want I will go bigger but really, where do you go from 250g? lol

4:58 am and I have like 13 more hours til i can go. Feel like a kid getting ready to go to Disney for the first time who can't sleep cause of the excitement. I am soo addicted to fish tanks..... I didn't mention too that i am trying to work a deal to get a new nano new to replace my biocube. Not sure if that deal will go through, it would be a trade type thing. :)

Hope it goes well I hear 250 first thing I thought was clown trigger lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well from a 250 you could go to a 320 lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm so excited to go see the tank and other things this guy has been hoarding. lol Can't wait til 6 o'clock which is around when he said he would call me to come over.

I have 8 feet of wall where the 180g is now so it would have to replace that tank. It would be tight but it should fit. this is only IF I get it, might have to talk to the hubby some more about it, and of course check it out and see what he wants for it and other stuff like skimmers and stuff. He did say it came with a custom cabinet and canopy so I am sooo wanting to see it. lol

I'm thinking of the fish I could add if i went up to a 250g! I could prob get 2 other tangs, lol, not the huge ones but maybe medium sized ones. lol

If I do get it, where would i upgrade to if I wanted to go bigger? hehehe theres not much realistic thought that I would upgrade it again. The 180g is big, but not obscene, I think 250 would be kinda overkill and obscene. That would mean it would be my LAST finally, big build. And you guys can say all you want I will go bigger but really, where do you go from 250g? lol

4:58 am and I have like 13 more hours til i can go. Feel like a kid getting ready to go to Disney for the first time who can't sleep cause of the excitement. I am soo addicted to fish tanks..... I didn't mention too that i am trying to work a deal to get a new nano new to replace my biocube. Not sure if that deal will go through, it would be a trade type thing. :)

Wow, lots of excitement going on in Careyland! You know I will follow for the journey if you get it! :dance: Guess what?!? Just four more hours! Yay!

New house, then more bigger tanks. You got it bad Carey.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Couple more hours to go. :)

I had been looking at glasscages lately and had figured a 300 would be the best way to go, but this tank might be great alternative to spending $2000 or so. lol

I really, really hope it isnt a "rough" looking tank setup, you all know what I mean. The 180g is pretty much immaculate, almost brand new. Just dont wanna go from awesome to not as awesome. LOL

Got a few hours of sleep and all I could think and dream of were more fish! I could also probably get a grouper, which I have always wanted but never had a tank big enough. And since I won a box of rocks and the 60g is full of live rock I think I would have enough to rockscape the 250g. Look at me, counting my chickens already and havent even seen the setup. The guy said he has more tanks too so it doesnt end with the 250g ,.,,,. I hate waiting, hehe, it's like christmas eve I tell ya!

Couple more hours to go. :)

I had been looking at glasscages lately and had figured a 300 would be the best way to go, but this tank might be great alternative to spending $2000 or so. lol

I really, really hope it isnt a "rough" looking tank setup, you all know what I mean. The 180g is pretty much immaculate, almost brand new. Just dont wanna go from awesome to not as awesome. LOL

Got a few hours of sleep and all I could think and dream of were more fish! I could also probably get a grouper, which I have always wanted but never had a tank big enough. And since I won a box of rocks and the 60g is full of live rock I think I would have enough to rockscape the 250g. Look at me, counting my chickens already and havent even seen the setup. The guy said he has more tanks too so it doesnt end with the 250g ,.,,,. I hate waiting, hehe, it's like christmas eve I tell ya!

Cool! Hey, even if the 250g doesn't work out, get another one of his tanks for another build! ;)

I don't know....
you guys think we should stage an intervention for Carey?

otherwise next she will be shopping for a house with an Olympic sized swimming pool to convert. LOL

Seriously, if you get the tank, please be careful moving, setting up.
I have suffered from chronic back pain ever since I tore muscles in my back helping move a 200 gallon glass tank 30 years ago. :(

An intervention? Only as long as I walk away with her 180! LOL

LOL you guys crack me up!!!

I am very upset tho, the guy didnt call me back last night. :-( I know he doesnt have any other buyers since he has had the stuff for like 10 years just sitting there. I will call him back tonight, I didnt wanna nag him and all. BUT tonight is raid night in warcraft so I may have to cancel raid or the tank viewing. lol I think raid will be the loser in this battle. And yep, I think I may be too far gone for an intervention. Missing raid for a fish tank? Thats the final straw I say!!

LOL you guys crack me up!!!

I am very upset tho, the guy didnt call me back last night. :-( I know he doesnt have any other buyers since he has had the stuff for like 10 years just sitting there. I will call him back tonight, I didnt wanna nag him and all. BUT tonight is raid night in warcraft so I may have to cancel raid or the tank viewing. lol I think raid will be the loser in this battle. And yep, I think I may be too far gone for an intervention. Missing raid for a fish tank? Thats the final straw I say!!

Well if you want/need I'm sure we could arrange a joint Aquarium fetish/Warcraft addiction intervention. :cool:

HAHA most would say i need help with both addictions. I play wow like 10 hours a day, at least and if I am not playing I am messing with fish tanks. I guess I DO have a problem......

But its so darn fun!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom