Chocolate chip starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amandamlord717

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all new to this forum... I have a 60 gallon salt water tank we just recently set up. I have a school of 6 nemos and a yellow tank and a couple peppermint shrimp and some snails. No coral yet. Today we added a chocolate chip starfish. Guy at the store was all about it so we got him.... We I've been reading up on it and some places say you can't have coral with him and he eats the snails and the shrimp? Anyone have experience with this? Did I mess up and buy something that's going to kill everything? Or is he ok with the shrimp and snails? We do want to eventually add coral too....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't say he will munch on the snails and such, but he will munch on corals. It is a general statement, but if a starfish is knobby or bumpy it can be assumed that it will eat corals.

And 6 clowns in a 60 isn't going to work long term. Researching before purchasing will save a lot of time, money and heartbreak.

And 6 clowns in a 60 isn't going to work long term. Researching before purchasing will save a lot of time, money and heartbreak.

+1, they're going to start killing each other off until one pair is left. I'd also want a bigger tank for the tang.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom