Clam question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got this lil guy and as you can see he's happy in the tank. BUT I have a yellow sleeper head goby to clean the sand and he's dropping sand in and on my new lil treasure...

Is this bad for the clam ?
Is there a way besides getting rid of the fish?
DSC00800.JPG

Nice clam, I have one just like that. A healthy clam is able to blow the sand out on it's own, no worries.

edit- if you notice that the clam is getting irritated by the sand try moving the clam on your rock work. That will also help it recieve more light because I noticed that you are running PC's

klam said:
Nice clam, I have one just like that. A healthy clam is able to blow the sand out on it's own, no worries.

edit- if you notice that the clam is getting irritated by the sand try moving the clam on your rock work. That will also help it recieve more light because I noticed that you are running PC's

Will do.. Thought clams liked to be in sand... I got a PERFECT spot for him high on my rock...

becareful placing clams high on the rocks. These maximas have been known to jump if they dont like the area they are in.

I would probably raise the clam higher in the tank, maxima's and crocea's really prefer MH lighting.

I'm gonna let him where he is for the time being. We'll see how unhappy he gets, as soon as I see ANY signs of him not coming out as much I'll put him higher in the tank. Thanks guys !

Back
Top Bottom