Clean Up Cre w, enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phish7740

Aquarium Advice Activist
check out my info...do i have enough of a cleanup crew with the equip/fish i have?

i still want to get 1-2 cleaner shrimp and 1 blenny.

thanks

How old is the tank and are your levels in check? Nitrate good and low? I think you'd be fine w/those additions. Go for two or three cleaner IMO. They come out more in groups.

Don't mean to spoil it for you, but your tank is not a FOWLR. :wink: MIght wanna update yur Info. BTW, you should consider more rock as your reef grows.

thatks austinsdad...i know i started as a fowler, wanting a lunar wrasse and a majestic angel....but now have been adding zoas and recordias, and want a clam, now that i have the light. so now i need about 25# of more rock. which i guess ill be adding slowly....the lfs has theirs overnighted and i can let it sit there for a few weeks so it will be cured when i get it, and i can transport it home in water via buckets with lids.

going on 2 months

i know a little early for my RBTA but my levels are all good, the cycle/spike only took about a week, and he is doing great. the reason i got him early is that the clown wasnt sleeping/settling down because of the pseudochromis and before because of hte damsels (returned). now he is a happy hosting clown that almost never leaves the BTA.

i really dont like my nitrate tests, the first three levels 0,5,10 all look the same yellow color, my nitrate has never gone above 10. are the dip sticks more accurate?

little cyano, but the conchs and emeralds are doing a great job...i have since cut back in feeding and light (2 problems) PO4 is at 0 source and tank.

thats what i have....the first three levels for amonia and Nitrate are very very similar in color....very hard to make an accurate reading

bad news my clown is dieing....i woke up thismorning and he was out of his aneome and he was doing sumersalts, floating/lazy swimming vertically around the tank so i put him in my QT and gave him some vitamins, hes doing a little better but i dont think hell make it...

there is only two reasons i can think of cause all the tests are fine.
ph 8.2, amon=0-.25(hard to tell), nitrite0, nitrate 0-10, po4=0, cal 440.

1) ich which he would of had to contract, and have it affect him within 12 hours, he has a few white spots on the edge of his tail but it also looks slimy not spotty...all my other fish are spot free.

2) the temp went from 81-82 day down to 74-75 last night

help

Can you get a pic of him?

1) I think it is possible that a temp drop like that would stress him out and any kind of parasite in that tank would take advantaged of that.

2) Do you know exactly what cause the temp drop?

I would suggest you get some garlic and soak the food in that, I read it helps to boot their immune systems.

I would do a PWC on the tank to get the ammonia down.

just did a 10% wc in the main tank. and in the QT

added vitamins and garlic to the QT and main.

heater was unpluged....summertime....guess i have to leave it plugged in all year up here in the Northwest.

That seems like a huge drop for overnight, in an 100G.

If ammonina is that high (.25), you're gonna have more trouble. The anenome may be next.

Sounds like you need a decent test kit.

Back
Top Bottom