Clean up crew question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so here is what I just put in my 75
Let me know if you have any suggestions on anything else to put in there!

20 black turbos

10 nass

5 cerith

25 blue leg hermits

2 conchs

3 peppermint shrimp

Oh ya I forgot about him! I got one of then too

So plus

1 emerald crab

Alright cool. I was thinking of putting a sandsifting star in there just for fun. Any thoughts?

Make sure ur tank is well established. Plus it needs a lot to eat. Otherwise it will bury itself and die.

I'm not an expert, I've just asked the same questions you have and this is the response I've gotten.

To keep algae down spiny sea urchins are a interesting addition to the aquarium clean up crew. If you would rather not spend the money on one sand sifting starfish, for pretty much the same amount of money you could buy 4-5 sand sifting snails. But beware not to get a olive snail because the will eat all your other snails and crabs and they are known to die after 1 year or so.

Interesting I've never heard of an olive snail. I'm gonna have to look that up

How old is the tank? What size, and how much rock? Depending on your answer, you may have too much of a crew now and may have some die from starvation.

I'd cross off the sand sifting star. Never heard of one living very long - even in established tanks.

I'm a noob here myself, but have 2 sand sifting stars in my tank. One has been in there a month so far and doing just fine.

And ya I wasn't planning on getting one I was just curious though

Back
Top Bottom