Clean Up Crew Question and stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Guys,

I have a 55 gallon reef tank which i believe just got done cycling. My local LFS told me i had 0 ammonias, 0 nitrites, and 10 ppm nitrates. I made the mistake of already buying fish and some coral but they all made it. I have a ocellaris clown, yellow tang (I know to small of tank, I have a 150 gallon tank also that is currently freshwater and I am going to change it to saltwater around summertime, I just need to first find a safe home for my red ear slider) 3 yellow tail damsels (been awesome so far not aggressive), and 10 blue legged hermits and 10 astera snails (only seem to be able to find about 5 of each though but thats how many i bought so far), I also have a a star poylp and button polyp coral. They all seem to be doing great and all eat and swim around the tank all day. I have one t5ho fixture on there as of now with 2 bulbs, i plan on getting another once i can get the $200 to buy a new one. I have 3 powerheads, a HOB filter, 60 lbs of rock (50 was dead lace rock and other 10 was live tonga rock), a water heater and water temp ranges from 72-74 F. I already went through a diatom bloom which is all gone now and light green and coraline algea (i believe) has stared growing. Also i seem to have a large population of pods growing i can see them on the glass, i believe these are the juvenile forms but there is a lot of them. Alright sorry for the long post just wanted to describe my setup to you guys so you can have background to help answer my questions.

I was wondering how many more crabs and snails should i get to finish my clean up crew? Also can i get a couple shrimps?

I was also wondering on what can i stock in here? I want to get another ocellaris clown, and a goby (an engineer goby or a cave transparent goby) would that be ok?

And also i need to get a protein skimmer but dont know which one to get and you cant always trust the LFS they are just trying to make money, any suggestions would help. My tank has a milky cloudy color to it also and i believe getting a skimmer would remove this. Any thoughts on the cloudiness? Ill post pictures later tonight

Thanks,
Albie

Back
Top Bottom