cleaner shrimp question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Woo Hoo! My tank is finally done cycling!

I couldn't resist getting a beautiful pair of clownfish (a mated pair). They have been doing well for the last week.

I was wondering what type of cleaner shrimp you would suggest? Also, how many? I have a 72 gallon bowfront with 85 lbs of lr. I've put 4 snails in to help combat the algae, although I have a feeling that I'll need more of those too.

I don't want to add too much else until things settle down a bit but I'd like to have an idea about the shrimp (and this would give me a chance to do a little research on them).

Thanks for the input :)

There`s all different types. It really depends on what there purpose is. Cleaners , no reason why maybe a couple wont suffice.

I really like the blood red fire shrimp! They are a little more expensive though. The regular skunk cleaners are still really cool as well. I agree with melosu, a few would be fine. Maybe 3 or 4. Congrats by the way!

I agree with ntswift and mel. I love the fire shrimp, very bright colors, but they tend to be shy. Personally, I would go with a cleaner, fire and pistol/goby combo.

I have had fire shrimp but they hide to much. The color is sweet

I got a skunk cleaner shrimp a month ago and it plays. when I put my hand in the tank it jumps on my hand and tries to clean it.

My Peppermints and Camel shrimp hide a lot, but all of my Skunk Cleaners are always out in the open and always come running whenever I put my hand in their tanks.
They are the coolest critters in my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom