Cleaner wrasse??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a sixline wrasse tuesday, I introduced it to the tank and it is doing fine. While observing my tank shortly after introducing the sixline, I noticed some strange behavior from my other fish. The damsel wasn't being mean to the new fish (very odd), but seemed to be hanging around him. The red lip blenny (another fish usually belligerant to new comers) was also just hanging around the new fish. The behavior exhibitedwas the exact same as if I had introduced a cleaner shrimp or a cleaner wrasse. At first I just though the fish were mentally challenged, but yesterday, I saw the sixline exhibit cleaning behavior, the blenny came and perched next to the sixline and the sixline, swam around him and actually picked at the fish. After seriously scrutinizing the blenny for parasites and finding none, I continued to watch, the behavior continued, although I did not see the wrasse pick at the fish again. I know there are many angels and some other species, that as juveniles will be "cleaner fish", but I had never heard of a sixline exhibiting this behavior. Have any of you witnessed this or heard of it :?:

I am inserting a pic to show you, I'm not smoking crack, that it really happened....
cleaner.jpg

Back
Top Bottom