Cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquinn425

Aquarium Advice Activist
My husband and I recently bought a used 55 gallon tank. Any suggestions on what is the best to use for cleaning it before we set it up for saltwater?

You can use any kind of glass cleaner on it. Just be sure it is rinsed really good when you are done and it has ample time to dry before starting set up. I would avoid bleach products. I've heard you can use them, but why would you want to risk it.

Thank you! We've been looking to set up a saltwater tank for a while now and are anxious to get started :)

Remember to go slow and have patience. Saltwater tanks aren't perfected over night. You don't want to buy 6 fish and 15 corals over night. I recommend using live rock. Better filtration and it looks better.

Thanks...is it necessary for a saltwater tank and expensive??

99% of us use it for biological filtration, a place for fish to hide, and a place to put corals. It can be pricey but you can also get base rock which will turn live over time. I recommend starting your own thread for anymore questions so the original poster can have his/her questions answered.

Back
Top Bottom