Cleanup crew for a new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFrenzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All...

Just wondering what type of critters would make a good cleanup crew for a new tank?
I have a 75G tank, only been running a couple weeks now with(at the moment) 45lbs of LR.
I'm wanting to add some cleaners in the future, as my sandbed is starting to look a mess with stuff from the rock.

Just looking for a few ideas.
Also...best choice for a starter fish??

After the cycle is done add a variety of blue legged and scarlet legged hermits. A few Mexican turbo snails and some astria snails. check out some the the web sites that sell critters and they tell you what a good clean up crew is. I would start with a small number at first and add as needed. That way there is enough food for them till the tank gets mature.
Starter fish is this a FO or reef tank??? Make a difference on fish choice, You got to have some ideas on what you want?????? This make a difference also because some fish can not go together...

Nassarius have been one of my favorite addition. I love to watch them bubble out of the sand at feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom