Cleanup Crew questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulydaturk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm cycling currently with Dr. Tim's One and Only/Ammonium Chloride and am getting close to the add fish part of the cycle.

I know I'll need to add a cleanup crew at some point soon. For a 90 gal FOWLR aquarium, I have no idea what to add other than maybe a few hermit crabs and a peppermint shrimp.

Anyone have a go to cleanup crew for a tank this size you'd recommend?

Check out liveaquaria.com to get an idea on a clean up crew. This can be really varied in a FOWLR tank as a many of the fish put into these systems consume things that we like in our systems...so if you like a fish that eats snails, pointing you towards snails wouldn't work out very well.

Check out liveaquaria.com to get an idea on a clean up crew. This can be really varied in a FOWLR tank as a many of the fish put into these systems consume things that we like in our systems...so if you like a fish that eats snails, pointing you towards snails wouldn't work out very well.

great advice... personally i do recommend getting snail-tolerant fish if you want cleanup crew - snails are awesome... also a bunch 'o shrimp

I hadn't thought about fish eating the snails... I'm glad you pointed that out. I know in previous tanks that was never an issue because the snails seemed to be the only things I could keep alive...

Back
Top Bottom