cloudy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atomicbiscut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i started up a new tank(my 1st tank with LR and LS) today. i added the LR and LS about 8 hours ago and its still REAL cloudy. in fact it looks like it has barely gotten better. is this normal for it to take this long?if so, how long does it take to clear up?

oh, and btw i wont be cycling with fish :D

Usually it takes days not hours to clear up. How much water movement do you have?

tecwzrd said:
How much water movement do you have?

ive got 2 penguin 1140 power heads going and a canister filter with just sum carbon in it for more water circulation.

there also seems to be what looks like white powder covering everything.is that sand or sumthing that shouldnt be there?

Good water movement. The powder is more then likely sand dust which can be blown off with either your ph or a turkey baster once everything settles down.

ok thx.

i also have things that look like mold on the top of the caves in the LR. its white and i can only dexcribe as mold looking. also found a weird looking crab in there today,could that have sum,thing to do with it?

btw im trying to figure out why kind of crab it is and have posted in the hitchikers ID forum.

Back
Top Bottom