cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah if I plan on using them. I'm gonna use the filter some until I buy a new one in a few weeks and eventually I'll get a pump and start using the skimmer instead

Ok well my temp dropped a little over night I turned the heater up some. specific gravity is just a hair over 1.026 but the filter had unsalted water in it so that should help. Water cleared a little but still is cloudy. The filter running may help

Ok well my temp dropped a little over night I turned the heater up some. specific gravity is just a hair over 1.026 but the filter had unsalted water in it so that should help. Water cleared a little but still is cloudy. The filter running may help

Yea just give it time. And it's a good thing there replacing your heater. But no harm done.

No sense in that. they already mailed a new 150 watt I should get it one day this coming week.

They offered me a refund or a new heater. Told them I needed the heater

Hey would you trust a Ebay heater for mixing salt. What size should I get and what size pump and how do you attach them to a bucket?

I can get a 100 watt for like $8 and then if I have one die I can use it in an emergency until I get a, new one

Hey would you trust a Ebay heater for mixing salt. What size should I get and what size pump and how do you attach them to a bucket?

I can get a 100 watt for like $8 and then if I have one die I can use it in an emergency until I get a, new one

That will work just fine. A cheap little pump or power head will work just fine.

Ok so I'm assuming I need to be doing weekly water changes when I get livestock after I get the tank cycled. How much should I plan on changing.
Its a 36 gallon tank. I would probably try to mix 4 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket. Or should I look into getting a small 10 gallon trash can. should I mix it the day before or 2 days

Ok so I'm assuming I need to be doing weekly water changes when I get livestock after I get the tank cycled. How much should I plan on changing.
Its a 36 gallon tank. I would probably try to mix 4 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket. Or should I look into getting a small 10 gallon trash can. should I mix it the day before or 2 days

4-5 gallons is plenty weekly. Your fish and tank will be happy.

I will in a hour our so when I get home. It isn't bad. I ran the filter when I added the salt then shut it off so when I turned it back on some stuff was in the filter water

I will in a hour our so when I get home. It isn't bad. I ran the filter when I added the salt then shut it off so when I turned it back on some stuff was in the filter water

Ahhhh... That could be it. Maybe it just spit out some debris.

Yeah it is went by both local lfs there tanks are very bad, looking. One store had a sign saying no fish for sale??? Prices outrageous there to. the other store says he can order me fish for cheaper than other stores. He didn't have salt tanks so I would have to make sure I pick them up when he gets them. Should I order from him?

Yeah it is went by both local lfs there tanks are very bad, looking. One store had a sign saying no fish for sale??? Prices outrageous there to. the other store says he can order me fish for cheaper than other stores. He didn't have salt tanks so I would have to make sure I pick them up when he gets them. Should I order from him?

Have you checked out LA? Someone that doesn't deal with saltwater I dunno...

You have a good QT tank setup? Make sure you QT them before putting them into your DT.

Back
Top Bottom