Cloudy Water...still cant figure out why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gump3842k

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a power filter and a seaclone protein skimmer producing very well, my tank has been up for 2 months now...i did have some slug like creatures reproduce all over my glass and theyre everywhere...all parameters are good any any ideas what it could be...I have 2 maroon clowns, rose anemone, polyops, leathers, xenia's? Oh and the water only looks cloudy when the lights are on and i tried chemi-pure in my filter to no luck

gump3842k said:
i did have some slug like creatures reproduce all over my glass and theyre everywhere...
Sounds like either a polychaete explosion or possibley >>flatworms<<. What color where the "slugs" and can you post a pic?

Cheers
Steve

Or cant really take a pic for a week, or so but they arent flat worms they are small while slug like creatures with feelers my LFS guy said they were good for the tank and he has them in all his Reef tanks becuase i see them...anyways what is a polychaete explosion?

Unfortunately without a pic this will be a bit of a guessing game as far as the ID is is concerned. What I meant by polychaete explosion was epitokes.

Are these "critters" and your cloudy water related or did you just mention it passing?

Cheers
Steve

I'll be posting pics tommorow and i was just mentioning it, so everything that was going on in the tank was being said.....I dont think theyre related, but you guys know way more then i do but pics tommorow

Well if the they are unrelated I would check the the powerheads or any returns to be sure they are not kicking up sand. It can sometimes be a hard one to pinpoint but be sure you post the water specs with the pics just to be sure.

No recent water changes, additions, aquascapping or temp spikes?

Cheers
Steve

Ok ive got pics and parameters my ammonia is 0,nitrates 0,nitrite 0 and PH is 8.0 and my salinity is 1.024...i keep my temp around 78...here are some pics :arrow:

Not to offend, but when was the last time the glass was cleaned inside and out? Salt "haze" on the outer glass and micro/film alage on the inside can have the same effect.

Cheers
Steve

no offense taken guys, i cleaned the glass in some spots were theyre are no baby slugs, i cant just run over them and kill them i HATE killing things and where i cleaned it made no diffrence....I can look at the top of the water from above the tank and its cloudy looking down in the water so its no the glass

Could just be a bloom in the water column.. do you use RO water?

Any snails that might have died and not be seen?

What and how often do you feed?

I feed once every 2 days, and no snails i searched all over 4 them, however one died but a blue legged eat it and took its shell lol

Back
Top Bottom