Clown fish nemo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamsound1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought two clown fish nemo the other day and now one is missing and I was wondering if on can they can jump out of the tank and removed all the live rock and he's nowhere to be found

They're not as known for it as other species, but can/will jump if chased or spooked. Did you notice any aggression issues between the two, or with any other fish in the tank (if you have any)?

Prob hiding someplace in one of your rocks give it a day or too then start looking on the floor

Look around in your tank by tapping in the glass here and there but how long ago did u put them in all clown fish I ever had were normaly top dwellers exp at first they loved hovering around the top oh Nd the type of clown fish will help to some usually stay under the rocks or near the bottom.. What is ur other one doing ?

It would also help to know what other live stock is in your tank

Well there's 3 green chromis 1 yellow clown goby 1 sleeper gold head goby and 1 chocolate chip star fish 1 pj cardinal fish I believe it's a bulb anemone and a couple of soft corals and 2 turbo snails

image-241372469.jpg

image-1821751121.jpg

image-860345445.jpg

Check in your filtration,sump if its not the its quite possible your chocolate chip made it disappear :'(

I don't have a sump for this tank and I have canister filter for this tank and how would he get in there?

Well it's never happened with mines but I've heard of it happening to many ppl they find fish in they sump and filtration but like I said if not they then your chocolate chip made it vanish...hope your not planning a reef tank with that starfish in there

Ya those starfish are known to climb up on the rocks and jump down and eat fish.

I had a clown jump out once and flopped his way like 5 feet from my tank... I woke up and found the darn thing in the hallway the next morning... I still can't figure out how he did it.

Back
Top Bottom