Clown left nem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a huge LTA that I took to the LFS for a while (long story) but when I went to get it back there was a clown in him so I bought the little clown to take home but now he left the nem and won't go back in did I just waste my money? He now hangs with my Picasso clown that swims at the surface and has never hosted a nem before I bought the clown to encourage my Picasso to go and host this is aggravating me very much

Ah don't let it frustrate you, you can't make them host ;) I had two bubble trip and my clowns hosted a torch coral. Just be patient and let them find it in their own time...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

But I don't understand why it hosted my Nem at the LFS and now it doesnt

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It was stessed, different water, different temp maybe, alot of change for a little fishy so he may have just given it up. Like stated above there is no way to force a clownfish to host.

Gaaaaaaaaaah I've never had a single clown host and it makes me very angry

honestly, in captivity it is very, very difficult. its really hit or miss and you really shouldn't aim for that. Just have them all in your tank happy and see if it happens, it may never.

Be patient! It's exploring it's new tank. Give it time. It will most likely go back eventually. One of my clowns hosts my overflow box and my other clown hosts a rock.

How does that work hahaha

Hahahaha the nem is like PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!! But they don't haha that's funny I kinda wish to see that this long tentacle is huge like I've never seen an anemone this big before and he finally found a good place he likes but it's such a tiny spot he's all folded up

Back
Top Bottom