Clown question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigjbones

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a perc clown about a two weeks ago and I heard it's better to have a pair. Is it ok if I add another one now?? Yes. No. ??

This brings up something I was wondering earlier. I have a Black and White Perc in my tank but was wondering if I could add a regular true or false perc without any issues. The black perc is a little agressive towards my hand, which is new but I've had him for 2 months or so now.

Well I added a reddish perc to my tank and my original perc is orange. The store said it would be fine but it was in my tank for a few weeks and they didn't get along at all. I took it back and got an orange and it was love at first sight. IMO I think color does make a difference

I don't think a pair will make a difference IMO, just like clowns *needing* to host something. Just do like VooDoo said and get one that is either bigger or smaller

I've definitely seen orange and black pairs before though. Not sure on how they were introduced though.

As for the biting that's territorial, clowns are damsels so they can get a tad aggressive. Biting = get out of my tank!

Back
Top Bottom