Clown Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali-fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tank is 150 cm long and 50cm high. So i want to if a clown tang will do fine in this 120 g tank or not? This guy like he is in marathon!! Moving all around so fast in my tank!! Did I make wrong choice buying clown tang over lipstick tang?

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

If it is a 4' tank (sorry, don't know my cm to feet) it is probably not going to do well in the long run, but neither would the Lipstick Tang. The general rule for Tangs is 6' minimum length due to all the swimming they do. The width of the tank also needs to be considered, as many Tangs get over 12" long.

The anti-Tang police can say what they will, but I feel you have an "expert only" fish in a tank about half the recommended size. If it lives, you will also have to deal with territory issues with a fairly aggressive fish in a "too small" tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Clowns are one of the bigger and meaner acanthurus tangs. They really need more along the lines of a 6-8 foot tank with 8 being better. I agree with Todd on the lipstick as well

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys for the information. I guess ill see if there is a chance to take it back to the shop for exchange.

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

Back
Top Bottom