Clownfish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently added a False Perc. Clownfish in my tank 3 days ago and he has not eaten yet. He is staying in one little corner of tank, but from what I am reading that is pretty normal. Color looks fine and seems healthy, and not breathing abnormally. Tried feeding brine, Mysis, Krill, and Plankton. Any suggestions????

schild27.gif
to AquariumAdvice.com!!

This is fairly normal, simply continue to feed the clown a variety of foods and it should eventually begin to feed. By any chance did you watch this clown eat at the LFS? If so, find out what they were feeding it.

Have you tried flakes yet? I started out feeding my clowns flake and they went right after it. I recently tried feeding them some mysis and they wouldn't touch it....although i think they know what they were missing now!! :D It took 2 feedings for them to take to it, now they seem to love it! HTH

My clowns eat anything (almost) but love flake. Try a high quality flake, thy also love freeze dried brine. Not sure why. Now a feed a variety over the course of the week and they love it.

Back
Top Bottom